• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hot routes?

NAS

22 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

In the last screenshot he’s looking right at the free rusher and yet he snaps it anyway. Lol.

Yeah that might have been a good time to just call one of your 3 timeouts left and talk it over with the coach lol. It was the 2nd quarter and you still had all 3 timeouts

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

He moved protection to the weak side of an overload blitz and proceeded to never acknowledge two uncovered defenders, the last thing he needs is more freedom.

Yeah, he should have left Sanders on the left side. But to be fair, he probably didn't think everyone was coming like they did. But they didn't have enough blockers on either side, so really more of a pick your poison. He chose wrong. But after the snap, the receivers should have recognized that all of the DBs were blitzing, and broke off their routes.

21 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Yeah, he should have left Sanders on the left side. But to be fair, he probably didn't think everyone was coming like they did. But they didn't have enough blockers on either side, so really more of a pick your poison. He chose wrong. But after the snap, the receivers should have recognized that all of the DBs were blitzing, and broke off their routes.

Impossible to know for sure, but the free pass rusher was possibly there just to cover Miles on a check down route and when Bryce called Sanders back to protect in the gun, the guy was like ok fug it I'll just blitz? Even if he was planning on blitzing from the beginning, Miles would have been wide open for a check down. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Impossible to know for sure, but the free pass rusher was possibly there just to cover Miles on a check down route and when Bryce called Sanders back to protect in the gun, the guy was like ok fug it I'll just blitz? Even if he was planning on blitzing from the beginning, Miles would have been wide open for a check down. 

Yep, in hindsight he should have kept Miles over there. But there were 2 WRs on that side. The nearest DB was like 15 yards deep after the guys on the line blitzing. No way he should have blitzed. But he did. They all did. WRs didn't recognize it. I can't put that one all on Bryce. There were plenty of other missed throws that he has to make throughout the game though. But that one, was just being outcoached and unprepared - by the receivers. 

4 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Yep, in hindsight he should have kept Miles over there. But there were 2 WRs on that side. The nearest DB was like 15 yards deep after the guys on the line blitzing. No way he should have blitzed. But he did. They all did. WRs didn't recognize it. I can't put that one all on Bryce. There were plenty of other missed throws that he has to make throughout the game though. But that one, was just being outcoached and unprepared - by the receivers. 

Yeah. Ultimately I think it looked DOA and someone should have just called a timeout after Bryce glances at the free blitzer after Sanders moved back to the gun. I personally can't expect one of these WR's basically running go routes to go rogue and run a 5 yard comeback route/crosser or whatever at 3rd and 11 with 5 seconds on the play clock

40 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I hope we get one of these from Canales

LOL. I mean unfortunately Bryce is now a "professional" even though the staff coddles him and his parents still come to every open practice and bring him snacks it seems like. 

• Pie 2

If he could throw from the pocket they wouldn't need so many extra blockers and would have more than 3 receiving options. Youngs limitations put everything into a corner.

It's also why running out of the formations he can run won't work well enough. It's all a dead end. There is no way to fix that with Young.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 5

10 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I can’t remember, was it reported last year that Reich wouldn’t let him change things either? 

They took it off the table early I think. Like week 2 or 3?

Not sure what he can change tho. Less people blocking as he runs back out of protection? Take one blocker & 1 rusher out of that play and nothing really changes but maybe a 1 yard play?

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, NAS said:

You would think these reporters would ask those questions. Canales today seemed to indicate it was his fault. 

There were several instances where there was a dump off route on the blitz and he didn't even look that way before he was sacked because he had no idea the blitz was coming.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1