• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After a rewatch of the game… is anyone weirdly confident about the future?

jb2288

I'm not sold on this build at all. DC handled yesterday better than Young but he still looked shook and not ready. The team was undisciplined and incredibly poorly prepared in all three phases. I don't know what the master plan will be from here on out but I need to see it. They blew enough money to inject some talent into the roster but the hit to miss ration isn't good enough yet to celebrate. The D is a mess and it didn't look like normal opening day sloppy. Then there is Tepper and that unknown. He can't be happy even if he ever did have low expectations for this year. 

If I could see some serious improvement and DC/Morgan step up with a good damage control plan then I could start talking beyond this horrid mess of a season but until then they can prove it like everyone else they don't deserve a pass yet. That team was so bad and so soft yesterday.  

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CPantherKing said:

Canales offense is heavily dependent on QB & WR with the quick pass. As long as Bryce and Mingo are on the field, a Canales offense will not work.

Just remember this is not a Bryce discussion. This is a 2025 QB discussion. And I think Mingo can be an effective #3 if he can learn to hold the ball 

29 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

For the context of this throw out Tepper, just think purely football players, coaches, and our ability to get them via draft, cap, FA, etc. I don’t know how to explain this coming off a 37 point loss but a rewatch made me feel much better. We are going to be awful this year and get the #1 pick. Bryce has completely lost it mentally, there’s no fix when you get that look he had after his second pick. D Brown is out for the season, zero talent at RB until week 5 at minimum, we don’t have a second NFL quality end, and our secondary is a joke. 

For the future - Our OL looked great. We have zero talent currently at RB but with Brooks coming back I think we can be a 100+ per game rushing team later in the season. Our WRs were getting separation and being schemed open. I go ahead and extend Dionate if we can do it, he is a borderline #1 and won’t show out numbers wise this year because of our QB situation so hopefully can get him somewhat reasonably priced. Leggette looked good for his first game. Mingo even looked worthy of being a legit #3 if he can hold on to the damn ball. IF Brooks is worthy of his draft spot, this offense is a plug and play for a new QB and hopefully Canales gets his say on if that is Ewers, Dart, Sanders, or Beck. All those dudes will have a 1st round grade and I’ll give Morgan the benefit of doubt and say he will work with Canales to pick the right one. The defense will be a challenge next year as well, but I imagine we take a DE or CB with the Rams 2nd we got and then fill the other spot in FA. We will be in great shape cap wise next year finally getting all this dead money from Shitterer off the books and can build the defense back up quick with a few strategic FA moves balancing long term vs 1 year rentals. 

Coaching wise - Canales impressed me. Plays were there, we just did not execute. Yes it’s super early, but I think he can be the guy. Kind of nice for him he gets 1 full year to be a rookie HC with no expectations, there is just nothing he can do if Bryce is as mentally gone as he showed Sunday. Let him work out rookie HC issues with no pressure this year (he has his scapegoat we all know it) and come out firing next year with his guy. 

There’s hope…. Right guys? 

I'd be with you, but I don't trust Dan Morgan. He was right there with Fitterer and staff building this crappy roster that broke the salary cap already this year. You wanna allow him to choose the next QB?  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

I'm not sold on this build at all. DC handled yesterday better than Young but he still looked shook and not ready. The team was undisciplined and incredibly poorly prepared in all three phases. I don't know what the master plan will be from here on out but I need to see it. They blew enough money to inject some talent into the roster but the hit to miss ration isn't good enough yet to celebrate. The D is a mess and it didn't look like normal opening day sloppy. Then there is Tepper and that unknown. He can't be happy even if he ever did have low expectations for this year. 

If I could see some serious improvement and DC/Morgan step up with a good damage control plan then I could start talking beyond this horrid mess of a season but until then they can prove it like everyone else they don't deserve a pass yet. That team was so bad and so soft yesterday.  

Fair enough. If we see steady improvement every week I’m good with DC this year. Shouldn’t be hard from here 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, 33inNC said:

I'd be with you, but I don't trust Dan Morgan. He was right there with Fitterer and staff building this crappy roster that broke the salary cap already this year. You wanna allow him to choose the next QB?  

I hated the DM hire but trying to give it a chance. In a perfect world DC gets most say in next years QB

Just now, jb2288 said:

I hated the DM hire but trying to give it a chance. In a perfect world DC gets most say in next years QB

You have to give it time and see.

Would you believe Brandon Beane was a Hurney/Gettleman under study? No you wouldn’t which is why you have to give people time to make a name.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Bryce was a mess yesterday...I PRAY it was a one off, but..... we all likely know better.

On defense, we basically just swapped our strength for our weakness last year.  Last year we were horrible stopping the run up the middle.  Last game, they attacked the edge.  Welp...

Growth, I'm watching for nothing but growth.  That is the victory this year.

No I am not confident about the future. I was all offseason. Then Bryce showed in this first game that his overall body of work last year was his true ability, not his work against Houston and GB. I hate that it only took one quarter for me to go from confident Bryce was gonna work out to zero confidence, but it happened. The only reason for future hope is that the new supporting cast did its job. The line played well, especially the two new guards. Receivers got open. The plays seemed more creative. The running game started out passable. Then Bryce imploded. Missed throw after missed throw, many of them badly missing. Bryce sucks and there is no one coming to save us.

3 minutes ago, PantherGuy said:

No I am not confident about the future. I was all offseason. Then Bryce showed in this first game that his overall body of work last year was his true ability, not his work against Houston and GB. I hate that it only took one quarter for me to go from confident Bryce was gonna work out to zero confidence, but it happened. The only reason for future hope is that the new supporting cast did its job. The line played well, especially the two new guards. Receivers got open. The plays seemed more creative. The running game started out passable. Then Bryce imploded. Missed throw after missed throw, many of them badly missing. Bryce sucks and there is no one coming to save us.

Re read my post, we’re saying the same thing. This is fully over 2025 and whatever QB we take this year 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

You have to give it time and see.

Would you believe Brandon Beane was a Hurney/Gettleman under study? No you wouldn’t which is why you have to give people time to make a name.

Both of those GMs built Super Bowl rosters.

Fitt is not that pedigree.

• Pie 1