• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After a rewatch of the game… is anyone weirdly confident about the future?

jb2288

5 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Yea he ran his tail off and he is a good dude, but he is not a gamechanger, he is a run of the mill RB.

That’s honestly fine in the modern NFL.  Running back is not a game changer position anymore.  You could make an argument for CMC but the 49ers did just fine without him last night.  And he couldn’t will Brock Purdy to a Super Bowl win.

4 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

That’s honestly fine in the modern NFL.  Running back is not a game changer position anymore.  You could make an argument for CMC but the 49ers did just fine without him last night.  And he couldn’t will Brock Purdy to a Super Bowl win.

Just saying people need to stop acting like Hubbard is any kind of difference maker...When you try to hang your hat on Chuba you know our cupboards are bare...

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Just saying people need to stop acting like Hubbard is any kind of difference maker...When you try to hang your hat on Chuba you know our cupboards ore bare...

Yeah he’s not.  But he’s good enough to be part of a successful NFL backfield.  He shouldn’t be getting Derrick Henry volume though.

It just blows my mind that some people watched the same game I did and think RB is anywhere near top of the list with issues for this team.

• Beer 1

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

Yeah he’s not.  But he’s good enough to be part of a successful NFL backfield.  He shouldn’t be getting Derrick Henry volume though.

It just blows my mind that some people watched the same game I did and think RB is anywhere near top of the list with issues for this team.

Hard to see much on O when your starting QB looks like he should be playing on the JV team.

Defense was garbage as expected, it wasnt very good last season either, people just got obsessed with the YPG stat. 

24 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don’t know what to say here. Chubba is a great dude and tries hard but he just doesn’t have the talent to be a #1 back. This concept that RBs are a dime a dozen has some truth but is also way overblown. You still need dudes back there. RB is a huge issue for this team. Way below whatever Bryce was doing Sunday but still a big issue 

• Pie 1

Chuba was off for some reason. He has been better than that more than once.

And supposedly had worked very hard to up his capabilities and take advantage of his opportunity. He just wasn't as good as he needed to be.

He needs to find whatever he lost.

• Pie 1

3 types of fans.

1. The pessimist. No matter how good the team, he has a little snippy remark or dig to make, and underestimates the team. You'll hear from him most when the team is actually good. "Well if so and so doesn't play well we're probably going to lose. We've beaten a bunch of bad teams, but we're going to play ______ soon, and then we'll be in trouble."

2.) The optimist. No matter how bad the team is, or how bleak and or grim the future looks, the optimist has a positive feeling about the situation that he can't quite place. Makes "The team isn't that bad, and the future looks bright" type of comments.

3.) The realist. Tends to be long winded, pointing out both the positive and negative aspects of the situation, and stays in the middle of the road. "Maybe so... could go either way."

So the forum will be [optimist] versus [pessimist] with the [realist] moderating for those of you who are new here.

• Pie 1