• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After a rewatch of the game… is anyone weirdly confident about the future?

jb2288

35 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think too many inking in Brooks as some surefire stud that is about to just walk into the O.  Lot of sure thing RBs that have been drafted high of late have disappointed.  We haven't seen him to a single rep vs pros. 

Frown face

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I think too many inking in Brooks as some surefire stud that is about to just walk into the O.  Lot of sure thing RBs that have been drafted high of late have disappointed.  We haven't seen him to a single rep vs pros. 

Not just other backs' bad history, this is a guy never been in the NFL, coming off an ACL rehab, with no camp or preseason. 

Temper the expectations on that basis. 

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Any QB not named Daniel Jones / Bryce Young and we are competitive yesterday 

I think with Plumber we would have looked better. I would rather start Plumber over Dalton if we decided to bench Bryce. See what the rookie can do. 
He seemed to get better as the preseason went along too. 

The only and I mean only silver lining is the Saints might be that good.  We'll see this weekend.  I have zero optimism and zero incentive to suffer through another year of Panthers football with Tepper.  At least in the past we had faith that Richardson was trying to do the right thing.  Now, we get to hear about soccer and concerts.  

• Pie 1

And what's up with using Sanders, Moore and Mingo to do stuff Leggette was drafted to do? 

I don't care about disguising intentions. You know Deebo is getting the jet sweep and you still can't stop it. Why? Because he's the best player on the team at running the jet sweep. Geez!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

And what's up with using Sanders, Moore and Mingo to do stuff Leggette was drafted to do? 

I don't care about disguising intentions. You know Deebo is getting the jet sweep and you still can't stop it. Why? Because he's the best player on the team at running the jet sweep. Geez!

That's the kind of football I like to see. Here it is, stop it. Have to be good enough to do that sometimes. All the time would be great.

I think that big OL is the first step towards that but with no defense we won't get to use that much in the run game. 

edit: I am gonna go with, on Legette, his unavailability in preseason retarded his integration. I think he is going to be at least what I thought he was though, in time. Which basically  is a QB's friend. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

15 hours ago, PantherBoy95 said:

I appreciate this delusional optimism, because I absolutely do not want to go through what I went through yesterday all season. It is also embarrassing for NC, and I hate to see it represent the state.

So here's to seeing vast improvement, and some pride next week.

At least we have the Hurricanes which have a great foundation and owner and they just resigned Jarvis 

• Pie 1

It’s too early to tell. I have seen games where a team can do no wrong and I have seen games where the same team can do no right.  The Saints made huge offense adjustments in the off-season. How do we know if the Saints are improved?

I recommend giving it two maybe three more games. One game in the season does not give you enough information to make decisions. 

if, and I realize it’s a big if, the Saints go on to smoke the Cowboys in their home field and Bryce has a great outing versus the Chargers, I think fans will feel much better.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Green-Ghost said:

It’s too early to tell. I have seen games where a team can do no wrong and I have seen games where the same team can do no right.  The Saints made huge offense adjustments in the off-season. How do we know if the Saints are improved?

I recommend giving it two maybe three more games. One game in the season does not give you enough information to make decisions. 

if, and I realize it’s a big if, the Saints go on to smoke the Cowboys in their home field and Bryce has a great outing versus the Chargers, I think fans will feel much better.

By the way, I’m not sure if this game was all Bryce Young’s fault. My question is what happened to the defense?

1 hour ago, Green-Ghost said:

By the way, I’m not sure if this game was all Bryce Young’s fault. My question is what happened to the defense?

Surely, it was week one and I assign little value to it as a predictor of the season, whatever the outcome. So yeah I don't think you crown or banish off week one.

Team wise. I do think you can tell pretty easily about individual players though.

And our QB may be a notch or two better than he showed, but also his issues are his issues and were clear the same as they were last season. He is just so limited and the offense is limited by that too. 

I mean, if it turns out that Bryce is THE problem and the solution is finding the right replacement in next year's draft then there is reason for optimism. But it's way too early to tell if that's the case (for good and for bad). And with Tepper's track record I don't know that optimism is on the menu.