• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After a rewatch of the game… is anyone weirdly confident about the future?

jb2288

2 hours ago, jb2288 said:

For the context of this throw out Tepper, just think purely football players, coaches, and our ability to get them via draft, cap, FA, etc. I don’t know how to explain this coming off a 37 point loss but a rewatch made me feel much better. We are going to be awful this year and get the #1 pick. Bryce has completely lost it mentally, there’s no fix when you get that look he had after his second pick. D Brown is out for the season, zero talent at RB until week 5 at minimum, we don’t have a second NFL quality end, and our secondary is a joke. 

For the future - Our OL looked great. We have zero talent currently at RB but with Brooks coming back I think we can be a 100+ per game rushing team later in the season. Our WRs were getting separation and being schemed open. I go ahead and extend Dionate if we can do it, he is a borderline #1 and won’t show out numbers wise this year because of our QB situation so hopefully can get him somewhat reasonably priced. Leggette looked good for his first game. Mingo even looked worthy of being a legit #3 if he can hold on to the damn ball. IF Brooks is worthy of his draft spot, this offense is a plug and play for a new QB and hopefully Canales gets his say on if that is Ewers, Dart, Sanders, or Beck. All those dudes will have a 1st round grade and I’ll give Morgan the benefit of doubt and say he will work with Canales to pick the right one. The defense will be a challenge next year as well, but I imagine we take a DE or CB with the Rams 2nd we got and then fill the other spot in FA. We will be in great shape cap wise next year finally getting all this dead money from Shitterer off the books and can build the defense back up quick with a few strategic FA moves balancing long term vs 1 year rentals. 

Coaching wise - Canales impressed me. Plays were there, we just did not execute. Yes it’s super early, but I think he can be the guy. Kind of nice for him he gets 1 full year to be a rookie HC with no expectations, there is just nothing he can do if Bryce is as mentally gone as he showed Sunday. Let him work out rookie HC issues with no pressure this year (he has his scapegoat we all know it) and come out firing next year with his guy. 

There’s hope…. Right guys? 

I’m with you. OL was good, receivers were mostly good, Brooks will be dangerous behind this line if he fully recovers. Defense will get there.  I liked what I saw from Canales.  Once we get a QB, we’re trending up. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

I don't care what comes next, I just want to see a different QB. 2010 was so dreadful because I knew every weekend the offense would look like dog poo every Sunday. Last year was 2010 all over again, and as a bonus we get another season of the same crap because nobody wants to hurt the kid's feelings. 

I would gladly take Chris Weinke over this poo, at least he could throw the ball 40 yards. I regret being so critical of Kyle Allen. Rodney Peete was more exciting than this. This is Jimmy Clausen every freaking week.

I still have that mental pictorial of Clausen getting hit so hard his helmet was twisted and he was looking out the ear hole.

6 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Any QB not named Daniel Jones / Bryce Young and we are competitive yesterday 

You can probably throw deshaun Watson in there also... The one bright spot of the past 5 years is lucking out in not getting that predator as our QB...

And yes, I'm aware if we had him, we probably don't trade the farm for Bryce....

• Beer 1

If we made mostly good moves in the offseason and draft, it would still probably take at least 3 more offseasons to out together a better than average NFL team. If we made mostly average moves in the offseason and draft, it's likely to take longer than five years to put together a better than average NFL team. If we make mostly Tepper Panthers offseason moves, it's likely to take 2.7 billion years to put together a better than average NFL team.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, 3838 said:

I still have that mental pictorial of Clausen getting hit so hard his helmet was twisted and he was looking out the ear hole.

Looking out the ear hole or arse hole?..... guess it doesn't matter.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If we made mostly good moves in the offseason and draft, it would still probably take at least 3 more offseasons to out together a better than average NFL team. If we made mostly average moves in the offseason and draft, it's likely to take longer than five years to put together a better than average NFL team. If we make mostly Tepper Panthers offseason moves, it's likely to take 2.7 billion years to put together a better than average NFL team.

One great offseason and they could be competitive with good coaching. Playoff appearance. That's how the NFL is built. We haven't seen a great offseason in the Tepper error. I don't even think we have sniffed a one good one. It's all ketchup on well done steaks here now.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

One great offseason and they could be competitive with good coaching. Playoff appearance. That's how the NFL is built. We haven't seen a great offseason in the Tepper error. I don't even think we have sniffed a one good one. It's all ketchup on well done steaks here now.

Even one great offseason isn't likely to end up with a winning record here, unfortunately.

• Beer 1

We've been rebuilding since before Tepper arrived.

He arrived and wanted to turn us into the new Pittsburgh. He turned us into the old Cleveland.

If we'd have tried to rebuild the Panthers as the Panthers, we might have had some success.

And here we sit with another year of frustration trying to assuage ourselves by dreaming over the #1 pick next season. What a bunch of chumps we are.

11 hours ago, electro's horse said:

what in the world are we shitting on chubba howard for?

all he has done is improve every year he's been in the league, on the worst team in the league

dude is going to go to like kansas city or something and become the next priest holmes

It would be great if they actually used him huh?

I think too many inking in Brooks as some surefire stud that is about to just walk into the O.  Lot of sure thing RBs that have been drafted high of late have disappointed.  We haven't seen him to a single rep vs pros. 

• Pie 2