• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After a rewatch of the game… is anyone weirdly confident about the future?

jb2288

2 minutes ago, bigdog_10_2002 said:

There are pieces in place on offense to insert a QB and see success. 

the defense, however, is a wasteland of talent that isnt fixable in three off seasons. 

I think it’s a 2 year rebuild on the defense, but you can do it quickly. One offseason should go them competitive if we use our 2nd on CB/DE that hits and then wisely in FA 

7 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

For the context of this throw out Tepper, just think purely football players, coaches, and our ability to get them via draft, cap, FA, etc. I don’t know how to explain this coming off a 37 point loss but a rewatch made me feel much better. We are going to be awful this year and get the #1 pick. Bryce has completely lost it mentally, there’s no fix when you get that look he had after his second pick. D Brown is out for the season, zero talent at RB until week 5 at minimum, we don’t have a second NFL quality end, and our secondary is a joke. 

For the future - Our OL looked great. We have zero talent currently at RB but with Brooks coming back I think we can be a 100+ per game rushing team later in the season. Our WRs were getting separation and being schemed open. I go ahead and extend Dionate if we can do it, he is a borderline #1 and won’t show out numbers wise this year because of our QB situation so hopefully can get him somewhat reasonably priced. Leggette looked good for his first game. Mingo even looked worthy of being a legit #3 if he can hold on to the damn ball. IF Brooks is worthy of his draft spot, this offense is a plug and play for a new QB and hopefully Canales gets his say on if that is Ewers, Dart, Sanders, or Beck. All those dudes will have a 1st round grade and I’ll give Morgan the benefit of doubt and say he will work with Canales to pick the right one. The defense will be a challenge next year as well, but I imagine we take a DE or CB with the Rams 2nd we got and then fill the other spot in FA. We will be in great shape cap wise next year finally getting all this dead money from Shitterer off the books and can build the defense back up quick with a few strategic FA moves balancing long term vs 1 year rentals. 

Coaching wise - Canales impressed me. Plays were there, we just did not execute. Yes it’s super early, but I think he can be the guy. Kind of nice for him he gets 1 full year to be a rookie HC with no expectations, there is just nothing he can do if Bryce is as mentally gone as he showed Sunday. Let him work out rookie HC issues with no pressure this year (he has his scapegoat we all know it) and come out firing next year with his guy. 

There’s hope…. Right guys? 

No. No need to sunshine pump. It’s over. 

3 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

It’s gonna be rough

We are bad now but so was 2017 San Fran under Kyle and 2021 Detroit was 0-9-1 for the first 10 weeks.

It is what it is. You can be mad and scream “Tepper bad” but I believe we are finally sitting back and just letting a true system get in place.

Yep, we’re doing what we should have done Rhule’s first year. We all wanted to rip the bandaid off and do it right that year and we didnt and now look where we are. 

• Pie 1

I don't care what comes next, I just want to see a different QB. 2010 was so dreadful because I knew every weekend the offense would look like dog poo every Sunday. Last year was 2010 all over again, and as a bonus we get another season of the same crap because nobody wants to hurt the kid's feelings. 

I would gladly take Chris Weinke over this poo, at least he could throw the ball 40 yards. I regret being so critical of Kyle Allen. Rodney Peete was more exciting than this. This is Jimmy Clausen every freaking week.

Edited by ProcessBlue2
  • Beer 3

12 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

It’s over with Tepper is the owner. 

I’m pretending Tepper lets our guys do their job in this situation. Haven’t seen anything to suggest since Morgan took over he’s pushed anything but guess we will see 

• Beer 1