• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About those big money Guards Morgan spent on….

TheBigKat

12 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Bryce is getting a ton of well deserved poo but guys we HAVE to address the RB issue too. We have zero talent there Chubba and Sanders both suck. I hated the Brooks pick but damn with this OL maybe Brooks can feast. 

Bro what are you talking about? We are fine at Rb. Bryce is the PROBLEM with this offense

• Beer 1

I think a QB that can sit in a pocket could get this running game going just fine. I don't think the RBs are special but the running behind that line should be getting 100 yards a game.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 4

36 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Swap ANY middle tier NFL qb with Bryce and this offense could be top 10. Defense would still poo the bed but the offense would be watchable. 

But nooo....cant do that. Would win too many games and effect draft position.

I can't even believe that's a take after week freakin 1 by this fanbase. Some people absolutely do not want to see a change at qb because they scared by the hand of God the offense would look way better which would bury bryce for good. 

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

But nooo....cant do that. Would win too many games and effect draft position.

I can't even believe that's a take after week freakin 1 by this fanbase. Some people absolutely do not want to see a change at qb because they scared by the hand of God the offense would look way better which would bury bryce for good. 

And miss out on the #1 pick after what they did with the last one...The horrors of watchable football at the expense of them being able blow more draft picks. 

Just now, Waldo said:

And miss out on the #1 pick after what they did with the last one...The horrors of watchable football at the expense of them being able blow more draft picks. 

Exactly. At this point I could careless about draft picks. Why is this even a take after one game? You be should trying anything to change your season around right now.  fug the draft picks. Players and fans want to see excitement and wins. 

For me, we have guys that we need to evaluate and if you can't do that because the qb is that bad then make a change. 

• Beer 1

I'm about half way through the first half. Bryce wasn't good, but the Saints schooled the Panthers schematically. They were outcoached AND outplayed Sunday. QB had early protection, but most routes were late developing and by the time they were open the protection had already broken down. And when I say open, I mean they were actually looking back for the ball. Evero made a couple of good adjustments on the fly, but for the most part, he was schooled too.

Keep Jaycee in tight bump and run. That dude is a menace playing closer to the LOS! Jewell and Shaq were late and slow getting to their gap assignments every time. It's like they think they're Safeties, not LBs. 

Saints had a hat on every friggin defender when they ran the ball. When they passed, they had a good mixture of early routes and late ones. We seemed to mostly do late routes only. It is bad folks. Really bad. But, luckily that's an easy fix - playcalling. Also need to get WRs to recognize when DBs are blitzing. The Saints went crazy blitzing DBs from all over the field and sending too many guys to account for. In those cases, WRs have to adjust their routes. 

• Beer 2

It’s cliche and hyperbole to say that things can’t get any worse, but legit, things can not possibly be worse for our offense. There is a real probability that top pass rush defenses will pitch a dominating shutout. It would be embarrassing if I still held a personal connection, but I’m glad I no longer do. 

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Exactly. At this point I could careless about draft picks. Why is this even a take after one game? You be should trying anything to change your season around right now.  fug the draft picks. Players and fans want to see excitement and wins. 

For me, we have guys that we need to evaluate and if you can't do that because the qb is that bad then make a change. 

I will hate going into that kind of pick to just watch people who earned it to use. It's beyond ridiculous. Tanking shouldn't be done in week 2, let's talk tanking strategies much later in the year when it all happened organically. 

This crew has a couple of weeks to work with what they have and then it's going to be hard to not talk about benching Bryce. They are still in early season 'adjust, fix it and didn't prepare' fluff phase.  

11 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

First game or the season in ane age when new lines never get time truly play together until the said first game. 

Threads like this from. A life long football fan is just ... what the fug dude.  Really. 

WTF? Did you even read the OP’s post? He was saying it was money well spent and that the new Guards played well. SMH. 

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

You can’t expect success on the ground when the defense can stack the box every play.  That might work in high school or the army navy game but not in the NFL

Still figuring out screen shots, but this was only an 8 yards gain. A good RB takes that at least 20. 

1367487783_Screenshot(141).thumb.png.6b694cf71c985c527676d2e0b14dd1b3.png

15 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Yeah the OL/WR thing as an excuse is over.  He was throwing floaters over wide open dudes from a clean pocket on Sunday.

fug me I think even Icky had a solid game

He couldn't see over them. You could tell by watching him. 

• Beer 1