• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About those big money Guards Morgan spent on….

TheBigKat

3 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

It doesn’t matter.  Nobody’s getting anything on the ground until we have a semi competent QB.

Nah bro, he's right. 

The oline killed the Saints a few times. A real homerun back would have taken it to the house. Too bad we didn't have CMC. 

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

Nah bro, he's right. 

The oline killed the Saints a few times. A real homerun back would have taken it to the house. Too bad we didn't have CMC. 

Some nobody just ran all over the Jets tonight because they have a real passing game.  He’s not right.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Some nobody just ran all over the Jets tonight because they have a real passing game.  He’s not right.

Jordan Mason is not a nobody. I watched him last year. He was their #3 last season. And he'd definitely be our #1 again this year. He runs violent!

I'm not here to argue. The oline pushed the Saints back a number of times. 1 man to beat and you're basically gone. No one could do that. 

3 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Jordan Mason is not a nobody. I watched him last year. He was their #3 last season. And he'd definitely be our #1 again this year. He runs violent!

I'm not here to argue. The oline pushed the Saints back a number of times. 1 man to beat and you're basically gone. No one could do that. 

You can’t expect success on the ground when the defense can stack the box every play.  That might work in high school or the army navy game but not in the NFL

• Pie 4

21 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

You can’t expect success on the ground when the defense can stack the box every play.  That might work in high school or the army navy game but not in the NFL

Again, I'm not here to argue. The whole team looked like pure dee ish!

And Bryce led the charge. 

But when the oline pushes the dline back 2 yards and it results in a 3 yards run, then...

Kamara was making those into 10+ yards runs. Our RBs aren't making guys miss or breaking tackles. Just saying. It ain't only the QB. He's a BIG factor. But it ain't only him. This team is bad. 

And I don't really appreciate that Army Navy dig. They both run on everybody. We may not win the game, but we're putting up some rushing numbers. 

Edited by Navy_football

6 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Bryce is getting a ton of well deserved poo but guys we HAVE to address the RB issue too. We have zero talent there Chubba and Sanders both suck. I hated the Brooks pick but damn with this OL maybe Brooks can feast. 

I mean... When the opposing defense can put 11 in the box because our QB couldn't hit an open receiver if his life depended on it, I'm not really sure what our RBs are supposed to do

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

$ well spent

Gerber couldn’t get the ball to the open receiver

IMG_3978.jpeg

I'm glad that you posted this. I not going to bash Morgan like some have already done. 

Our draft picks contributed and our free agents are doing well. I give the defense time to gel because we added so many new players after the initial 53 man roster.  There were several miscommunication on the back end.

We all know Morgan and Canales are strapped to Young by Tepper. Hopefully, Tepper receives the memo that Young is not the answer.  At this point I'd either play the Red Rifle or Plummer. 

7 hours ago, Navy_football said:

But when the oline pushes the dline back 2 yards and it results in a 3 yards run, then...

True but when linebackers and safeties don't have to worry about the pass they can come up and make the tackle. 

If you think you can just run the ball down their throat without ever passing than you're stuck in the 50's. The 1950's.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, Navy_football said:

Nah bro, he's right. 

They sure did, on none of the plays actually designed to RUN THE BALL.  We only ran the ball like what? 19 times all day!  I say again, we have the worst QB in the league and we only ran the ball in the neighborhood of 19 times!!!!  Teams with great QB's run the ball 30 or more per game.  This is not on our RB's  AT ALL!  It is on the coach for his sh!tty game plan and personnel decisions during the game and a QB that can't hit the broad side of a barn!

Edit:  Just had to go back and look, so it was 20 total rushing attempts.  4 were Bryce acting like he can move, one was a WR so our RB's got a whopping 15 attempts yesterday...Pathetic!  Take the ball out of BY's hands and the game would have been much closer.

Edited by HPPantherzfan
  • Beer 1