• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lost all interest in the NFL thanks to the Panthers

Jmac

Find new hobbies. This place will be more fun then watching the team again this year unless DC grows a pair and ask Morgan to go find another QB for the roster to rotate in. I can watch not good football but I can't watch the crap they have fielded the last 2 years once the laugher dies down. 

• Flames 1

I won't go as far as saying I've lost interest in the NFL. In general, there are some incredibly entertaining games being played. They're just not the Panthers games. There's an injection of new blood, and with the old guard like Brady and Rodgers winding down, we're seeing the rise of the next generation of superstars. They're just not on the Panthers. There's more parity and more divisions are toss-ups than I've seen in recent memory. Just the Panthers aren't contending.

I'm just emotionally distancing myself from the Panthers. My loyalty is with them, but when I want to be entertained, I'll be watching the Lions with my family of Detroiters until the Panthers get their poo together.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Find new hobbies. This place will be more fun then watching the team again this year unless DC grows a pair and ask Morgan to go find another QB for the roster to rotate in. I can watch not good football but I can't watch the crap they have fielded the last 2 years once the laugher dies down. 

I maintain, we need to see what Detroit would want in exchange for Hendon Hooker, or what the Pats want for Milton.  Bring in one of those guys to see if they can develop in addition to who they draft in 2025.  Bring them in and let them get a head start.  The only reason Bryce should start moving forward is to secure the #1 pick.

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I maintain, we need to see what Detroit would want in exchange for Hendon Hooker, or what the Pats want for Milton.  Bring in one of those guys to see if they can develop in addition to who they draft in 2025.  Bring them in and let them get a head start.  The only reason Bryce should start moving forward is to secure the #1 pick.

Anything for a 6th or less is fine with me. I'm also fine with a PS guy who is at least fun to watch and can see the field. I would be happy to see PJ Walker lol. That's where I'm at. I don't trust this crew with a big trade and I don't trust their decision making in panic mode which appears to have started yesterday.

At some point in the next few weeks it becomes an unavoidable conversation for DC. He didn't draft him and Dalton isn't going to last long. They need to find someone and just make a roster space for a swing in the dark they can try to coach up the rest of the year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

He needed competition. Someone to kick him in the ass and get him in 'grind to beat the guy out' mode.

I've never been on the train so his feelings and psyche do not matter to me in that regard. 

Matter o fact his psyche and his teammates' psyche as well would likely benefit from him clearly winning a competition.

Do it now. Trade Jaycee or somebody and let's get a position battle going. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

52 minutes ago, Jmac said:

This team has sapped any joy of watching the NFL out of me. I thought I could handle the demise of this franchise, but it is just not possible. 

I can't pull for another team on a consistent basis since I have no allegiance to any of them. Really don't give a sh#t who wins or loses at all anymore.

Really used to get enjoyment from watching them play, and following the individual players on the team, etc.That's all over now.

It's probably better that I just don't give a sh%t anymore.

I was pretty bored watching the 4 pm games on redzone yesterday.  NFL just doesnt hit for like it used to.  Feels like a huge time sink and I kept thinking to myself, there is plenty of other stuff I'd rather be doing.

• Beer 1

49 minutes ago, Jmac said:

This team has sapped any joy of watching the NFL out of me. I thought I could handle the demise of this franchise, but it is just not possible. 

I can't pull for another team on a consistent basis since I have no allegiance to any of them. Really don't give a sh#t who wins or loses at all anymore.

Really used to get enjoyment from watching them play, and following the individual players on the team, etc.That's all over now.

I can not give you enough pie, I feel the exact way. I am a day 1 Panther fan and was at the HOF game the first year. I feel like I have given all I can for this franchise and now it’s just a waste of time, money, and stress.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

58 minutes ago, Jmac said:

30+ years of Hornets fandom has already prepared me for this.

• Pie 7

57 minutes ago, Jmac said:

You are not alone.  Tepper is losing poo ton of revenue for the NFL in general but at least we have City of Charlotte council bailing him out with $600M check courtesy of tax payers.

56 minutes ago, Jmac said:

I love the nfl.  I love watching great teams play

the PANTHERS may never be even good again, much less great, until they find a serviceable QB

I look at that ill be in church and the golf course a lot more on Sundays now and that is a lot better for me then given any time to Tepper’s franchise and the not meant for the nfl qb

trust me, I’m old, watched a lot of NFL…if a team ain’t got a qb, it  ain’t got nothing 

• Pie 3