• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Line PFF grades

NAS

10 hours ago, MRenshaw said:

I thought he had a really high S2 score and was touted as this super brainiac football computer. 

And "experts" wanted to say that practicing for that stupid test constantly since 8th grade (or whatever grade it was) wasn't a factor in his high score... I won't even go into the test probably being as worthless as the wonderlic...

If Stroud supposedly got the lowest grade among QBs on that test that year, I hope our requirement for future QBs is they must score as low as he did... Because apparently scoring well on the test just means you suck

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

The Bryce stans wanted people to believe all 62 sacks last year were on the OL

A lot of them were on Bryce

We had the worst graded OG play in NFL History last year...how many times did Ickey not block his man and completely whiff? Come on now.

But yes Bryce was most definitely the problem this past Sunday and it wasnt close. Well maybe it was kind of close the defense gave up 9 scoring drives in a row that's not very good but still. That was probably Bryce's worst performance or close to it since he's been here

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Beer 1

21 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Canales blamed the coaching staff in the press conference for not giving Bryce more options for protection, said only 1 was Bryce's fault. 

I think we'll start to see that nothing is Bryce's fault as time goes on with Canales. 

That is what Carroll did in Seattle to shield Russ from the ire of the defense. It produced some serious issues and till this day Sherman and those guys do not like Russell Wilson.

• Beer 1

21 hours ago, 96Bravo said:

Wow! When Moton has the lowest rating of group, that's supposed to be a good day.

They definitely were a silver lining. If that OL is fixed up good, everything gets easier.

Edited by strato

20 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

That is what Carroll did in Seattle to shield Russ from the ire of the defense. It produced some serious issues and till this day Sherman and those guys do not like Russell Wilson.

I'll say right now, it's kind of fair.  Dave designed the offense and called the plays.  He prepped Young to play.  That was kind of a major part of getting the job.  Bryce's failures reflect on Canales.  So it's very fair to say it was his fault.

Bryce did come out and own it, like he has.  Now Bryce looked like poo after the game.  Very upset.  Everyone, from the defense to the ST to the toilet cleaning crew understand that QBs NEED confidence.  Bryce is on the verge of losing it.

The only way Bryce is going to feel confident is being able to execute the game plan and find success.  Can that happen?  We'll see another try on Sunday!

• Pie 1

On 9/10/2024 at 3:16 AM, PleaseCutStewart said:

I wonder if his grade went to poo because Bryce ran into him with his terrible scrambling and then moton tackled him because he was surprised Bryce ran into him...

He did roll to his left a lot which would explain putting that extra pressure on Icky...

On 9/9/2024 at 3:32 PM, ProcessBlue2 said:

Canales blamed the coaching staff in the press conference for not giving Bryce more options for protection, said only 1 was Bryce's fault. 

I think we'll start to see that nothing is Bryce's fault as time goes on with Canales. 

It's just like last year. Lol 

On 9/9/2024 at 3:28 PM, chknwing said:

I think Bryce is over processing and not relying on instincts at all. which is why he is holding on to the ball so long.  Hes doubting himself, his skill, everything.  This is the epitome of being shell shocked as an NFL QB.  He has to get out of his own head and just play football.

The problem is that he is relying on his instincts. I'm no scout, I'm not a football coach. But my assessment on him coming out was that he wasn't forced to play within the structure of the Alabama offense. There were not many timing routes, there were not many reads for him to make at the line, there were not many protections to change, and he often had 10 seconds to throw the ball. He could bail after his first read was gone, run around for a bit, and then find a guy. People said "mini Patrick Mahomes", I said "good college QB on the most talented, most well coached offensive team in the country". And it ends there. 

He is who he was in college. His instinct is to see his first read, scramble, and buy time for a scramble drill. When he's been forced to execute within the framework of an offense, he is lost. He is lost because he can't see. He's now had two Qb-centric coaches and somehow has managed to play worse. He has $185 million on the line protecting him. He has a $25 million running back. He has a player who would be elite in Buffalo, San Fransisco, New York, Houston, etc. at receiver. 

If you put Stroud on this team, how does it look? Purdy? Allen? Darnold? Baker? He is, by far, the worst starting QB in the league. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, d-dave said:

I'll say right now, it's kind of fair.  Dave designed the offense and called the plays.  He prepped Young to play.  That was kind of a major part of getting the job.  Bryce's failures reflect on Canales.  So it's very fair to say it was his fault.

Bryce did come out and own it, like he has.  Now Bryce looked like poo after the game.  Very upset.  Everyone, from the defense to the ST to the toilet cleaning crew understand that QBs NEED confidence.  Bryce is on the verge of losing it.

The only way Bryce is going to feel confident is being able to execute the game plan and find success.  Can that happen?  We'll see another try on Sunday!

Oh stop with the constant scapegoating. Are things not looking good for Canales too? No they aren't he disappointed us too. But there were opportunities out there on the field. We have invested heavily in the offense around Bryce Young. Whom btw initially we were told his processing and improvisation abilities were so damn good he was like Mahomes so we wouldn't need to surround him with elite talent.

Bryce Young is a grown man. He is in his second season. If he cannot pick up himself and his teammates through adversity after all we've invested in him then he is cooked.

It almost seemed like he was too aware of the pass rush and the 2.7 second clocked. Everything looked panicky. I know you have to play fast but should remain calm and confident. He was neither.  

Going up to the line on the very first drive I saw he was nervous