• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Line PFF grades

NAS

9 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

That’s not terrible for their ranks either.

We gave him time, OL played well. Diontae and Adam were schemed open. Hell, Sanders, Mingo and Legette created some room at times. 

For at least 3 of the sacks, Bryce had the chance to work presnap and call protections and he just sat and took the snap. 

The QB is not sufficient.

I think Corbett had Hunt help him a few times, one was a sack from a delayed blitz I think. That may have effected it too. Hard to say because I was very well liquored up by kickoff. 

Still it's weird to see after the last few years we have had. 

• Beer 1

OL looked really good yesterday. We have zero talent at RB I was so against the Brooks pick but I think they knew what they were doing taking him. Will be a new QB that is the best fit for Canales next year so no point repeating anything there. Gotta find the light after yesterday and OL is it 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Canales blamed the coaching staff in the press conference for not giving Bryce more options for protection, said only 1 was Bryce's fault. 

I think we'll start to see that nothing is Bryce's fault as time goes on with Canales. 

Canales isn’t dumb. He isn’t going to dog on the kid to the media, but he is definitely on his ass today in film study 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

I think Corbett had Hunt help him a few times, one was a sack from a delayed blitz I think. That may have effected it too. Hard to say because I was very well liquored up by kickoff. 

Still it's weird to see after the last few years we have had. 

We’re dealing with a newborn and turned it off after 15ish minutes so have only seen through highlights.

Seemed like instances where he needs to make the call or timeout if there’s multiple unblocked defenders staring him right in the face. Don’t know what type of blitz protection we have built into our offense for him to call for but it was there for him to diagnose pre snap. 

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

We’re dealing with a newborn and turned it off after 15ish minutes so have only seen through highlights.

Seemed like instances where he needs to make the call or timeout if there’s multiple unblocked defenders staring him right in the face. Don’t know what type of blitz protection we have built into our offense for him to call for but it was there for him to diagnose pre snap. 

Once he threw the first int from the pocket doing the stuff they worked on all offseason it all went out the window for Young and DC. The Saints picked up on how badly the blitz was being handled and DC didn't adjust because Young sure couldn't. It wasn't until garbage time in the 2nd and when the Saints pulled some starters that they scraped anything together but that was 100% fluff time. 

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Canales blamed the coaching staff in the press conference for not giving Bryce more options for protection, said only 1 was Bryce's fault. 

I think we'll start to see that nothing is Bryce's fault as time goes on with Canales. 

You can't publicly criticize your QB. They won't do it.

Anything of that nature is a take it with a pound of salt statement.

• Beer 3

23 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

The Bryce stans wanted people to believe all 62 sacks last year were on the OL

A lot of them were on Bryce

They were duly informed, plenty. But immediately placed their thumbs in their ears with the hands covering their eyes all the while chanting 'hater', to drown us out. 

Pretty sure Campen was going over people's heads when it kept on happening. It being Young dropping back so that they couldn't stop it. 

48 minutes ago, NAS said:

image.thumb.png.8dbd7e902b01b13091a06430508cf356.png

offensive line was not the issue despite the 4 sacks

If I recall correctly, three (or two?) of those sacks were due to Bryce failing to make the necessary adjustments to protection in order to pick up blitzes, all because he couldn't read the defense at a level expected of a high school quarterback. 

31 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Canales isn’t dumb. He isn’t going to dog on the kid to the media, but he is definitely on his ass today in film study 

Nah, my feeling is that Canales already knew Bryce is beyond salvage. He's not gonna waste his saliva and energy on a quarterback who's expected to naturally tank for his replacement. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, MRenshaw said:

If I recall correctly, three (or two?) of those sacks were due to Bryce failing to make the necessary adjustments to protection in order to pick up blitzes, all because he couldn't read the defense at a level expected of a high school quarterback. 

Dude is having panic attacks, I don't think his mind can handle processing any information at the line of scrimmage 

1 minute ago, NAS said:

Dude is having panic attacks, I don't think his mind can handle processing any information at the line of scrimmage 

I thought he had a really high S2 score and was touted as this super brainiac football computer.