• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Brown potential season ending knee injury

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

Even if it’s not season ending it’s season ending. 

what’s the panthers record gonna be when he’s ready to return? Why make him and why would he?

this is gonna be one of those years players don’t play through injuries and who can blame them. 

Bryce's first pass was season ending.

• Beer 1

59 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not about to go as far as saying plenty.  There was enough to have a much better offensive performance for sure. But the qb play was just awful and didn't help what little there is.

Oh I’m not defending anything. They were buttcheeks from the first snap. They got prison raped.

What I’m saying is that As these dudes get more exhausted, technique falters, legs get weaker and the turf monster claims another victim. These guys are getting rag dolled on weak legs. That’s a problem. It’s a theory completely unburdened with actual research, but the scenario is certainly plausible. 

9 minutes ago, FatChad said:

CMC immediately started having constant nagging injuries the second he signed his contract.  Moore is an anomaly.  Happened with Kuechly too. 

no one remembers that CMC was considered damaged goods in the Panther traded him.

part of that is just luck, but he also tried to bulk up because the panthers were using him more between the tackles. him being healthy in san fran is almost certainly about being used properly.

11 minutes ago, FatChad said:

CMC immediately started having constant nagging injuries the second he signed his contract.  Moore is an anomaly.  Happened with Kuechly too. 

I was just making a joke that the guys we traded are healthy. Technically, CMC has been fine for his extension because his injury years were the last years of the rookie contract including the 5th year.

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

no one remembers that CMC was considered damaged goods in the Panther traded him.

part of that is just luck, but he also tried to bulk up because the panthers were using him more between the tackles. him being healthy in san fran is almost certainly about being used properly.

Absolutely.  And having a great o line and balanced all around offense.  From what I've heard, CMC was totally caught off guard and surprised that we traded him.  Just that Panther luck, I guess.  

2 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I was just making a joke that the guys we traded are healthy. Technically, CMC has been fine for his extension because his injury years were the last years of the rookie contract including the 5th year.

We signed him early IIRC.  He never had to play out his rookie contract.  I remember him having injuries immediately after we signed him.  

5 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Actually if you look at the touches his usage is up and likely only going to increase given his contract.

He just is willing to play through injuries there because he is where he wants to be whereas here he was over it and not wanting to risk himself just to lose. I don't necessarily blame him but we paid him a ton of money. Truth is truth.

1 hour ago, Mage said:

I don't think we HAVE to take a QB just for the sake of it.  Panthers keep falling into this trap of forcing it with QBs.  If we don't like any of the QBs, then take the best player available.  Literally every position on the team is a need.

In all likelihood, we will suck again next year and at minimum be picking in the top 3.  So we don't need to rush and get a QB.  We aren't contending for anything anytime soon.

This team 100% needs to consider trading any and everyone that they can for picks.  This will be a long, long rebuild.

If only some smart people in the huddle were our GM, we saw the talent drain happening back in 2020 with Teddy and we laughed at the one player away  comments including Fitterer’s aside from maybe 1 or 2 positions we’re a better team in 2023.

As soon as Rhule was let go, we should have canned Fitterer as well and gone for the tank and got everything we could in picks for Burns, Moore (GB offered pick 15 or 16), CMC and anyone else. Pile up the picks and select BPA and draft the QB who doesn’t look like a leprechaun whenever it fits so we don’t have to trade up.

I don't believe Derrick Brown played a snap in preseason.  This is why you play preseason.  Get that body into shape.  Now you come out full force in game one without getting into game shape, and you blow a knee.

Bryce Young, played one small series against backups and folks currently sitting on the couch during the preseason.  Now he comes out and play a full game, and gets stomped!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand these coaches who don't play their players in the preseason.  Unless your team is one of the best there is or won a superbowl, play your guys in the preseason.  Let them play a half at least.  None of these no names guys we have on our team, deserved to take time off during the preseason.

Edited by Matthias
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Actually if you look at the touches his usage is up and likely only going to increase given his contract.

He just is willing to play through injuries there because he is where he wants to be whereas here he was over it and not wanting to risk himself just to lose. I don't necessarily blame him but we paid him a ton of money. Truth is truth.

He only was really hurt in 2020. In 2021, he missed a few games, came back and then we shelved him after Miami beat us down and we were out of it and Rhule was trying to save his job. CMC had 118 touches in 6 games before he was traded in 2022, which was almost the same pace as his SF touches in 2022. He also said he never asked for a trade.

I know he’s not on the team and we like to bash those players, but I don’t believe he ever didn’t play hard every time for us. He already had the bag from us, so it’s not like Burns protecting himself before his 2nd contract.