• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Brown potential season ending knee injury

5 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Would it be wrong to place Derrick Browns injury on Bryce as well? I mean his inability to sustain drives and putting the defense back on the field constantly had to increase the wear and tear and chance injury.

No you're just being realistic.

All last year the offense put the defense in bad positions and kept them on the field. All things considered they were at least decent most of the time.

The defense could have done much better yesterday but this is an offensive league ffs.

When you invest what we have into the offense to the detriment of the defense you expect a hell of a lot better than that. We have been trying to build around our first overall pick. He still stinks. And it's having a ripple effect to the rest of the team.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

Trust me... it could get ugly but you know rights to number 1 picks... I wouldn't doubt the refs screwing the Giants... just to get them ahead. Regardless,  I'd think Sanders would try to force his son to the giants, so we'd have better odds at Ewers or whoever  by then. 

I don't think we HAVE to take a QB just for the sake of it.  Panthers keep falling into this trap of forcing it with QBs.  If we don't like any of the QBs, then take the best player available.  Literally every position on the team is a need.

In all likelihood, we will suck again next year and at minimum be picking in the top 3.  So we don't need to rush and get a QB.  We aren't contending for anything anytime soon.

This team 100% needs to consider trading any and everyone that they can for picks.  This will be a long, long rebuild.

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Bro we need to full stop this draft a early QB talk. Just like BY getting carr'd, the same would happen to the next rookie QB. They need to build the team at least so the next QB doesnt get shell shocked, its a waste. 

Draft a edge with the #1 and sign some vet to get though the rough water. 

*If by some chance they dont, you can not play that QB until its safe. 

Plenty of talent on offense yesterday, Bryce was just terrible. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I’m sure defensive players having to play dog tired by the time the 3rd quarter rolls around doesn’t bode well for injury avoidance. Thanks Bryce. 

Just to think we could have 2 extra first rounders, DJ, and Darnold. Those were the days when we knew what a TD looked like and the team had a damn pulse. With Darnold, we would still be picking in the top 15. This regime has been good at devastating action/nonaction. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan

3 minutes ago, NAS said:

Plenty of talent on offense yesterday, Bryce was just terrible. 

I'm not about to go as far as saying plenty.  There was enough to have a much better offensive performance for sure. But the qb play was just awful and didn't help what little there is.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

I’m sure defensive players having to play dog tired by the time the 3rd quarter rolls around doesn’t bode well for injury avoidance. Thanks Bryce. 

Explain their performance in the 1st half. They came out of the locker room tired? You can blame Young for his awful showing but the defense has zero excuses. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Explain their performance in the 1st half. They came out of the locker room tired? You can blame Young for his awful showing but the defense has zero excuses. 

It indicates a coaching problem.  Team looked lifeless from the first snap.  I can't overstate how bad that is in game 1 for a new coach.  Typically there's some fire to start.

• Flames 3