• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Brown potential season ending knee injury

3 minutes ago, Mage said:

As someone who did not follow along with training camp much...

Who the hell are some of these guys on the defense?  Like no disrespect to these guys but where did they find them?  Who is Nick Thurman?  Who is LaBryan Ray?  Who is Jamie Sheriff?  Claudin Cherelus?  Trevin Wallace?  Oh my god it doesn't stop. WHERE DID THEY FIND THESE GUYS?

Waiver wire

1 minute ago, d-dave said:

Well... Thurman and Ray are both holdovers from last year.  Sheriff was claimed off waivers.  Cherelus is a ST lb.  Wallace is a 3rd round rookie we drafted in the spring.

All practice squad players.  The first 4 were all on another teams practice squad last year or the year before.  They should not be on our 53-man roster.  It has to be by far the worst team defense depth chart in the league.

46 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

It just keeps getting better!  And in a hurry!  

Remember Evero's "could be a 8 or 9 sack year" statement?  Welp.  Go Panthers!

DB is a great run defender and pushes the pocket a little, but he's NEVER been the pass rusher I thought he would have been after being the 6th pick taken in the draft. He had 8 sacks in his first 4 seasons. I don't think our season sack total is going to be drastically affected with him out of the lineup.

6 minutes ago, Mage said:

Until he realizes he has to return to this team for another year

I would not blame him at all for demanding a trade.  In fact, I encourage it.  We need like 2-3 years of straight sucking and getting the No. 1 Pick all 3 years.  Get rid of everybody and start over with a bunch of 21-22 year olds.  And I mean EVERYBODY.  Every single soul that has anything to do with the Panthers

They're gonna get No. 1 in 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031 and 2032 at least. There's every reason to believe we're in for a 50-game losing streak at minimum.

1 minute ago, SCO96 said:

DB is a great run defender and pushes the pocket a little, but he's NEVER been the pass rusher I thought he would have been after being the 6th pick taken in the draft. He had 8 sacks in his first 4 seasons. I don't think our season sack total is going to be drastically affected with him out of the lineup.

Me either, although I do think he has 8 sack potential, because last season, seemingly, he was "there" more, but often pushed the QB to someone else.  

I think my underlying sentiment was more so that we can't have nice things.

11 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Well, there was a reason DB has been doubled way more than Burns ever was... And honestly, it's hard to get high sack totals as a DT - you can't just run off the edge and beat a tackle 1-on-1. And for good ones like DB, he will most likely have to beat a combo block of the C and G because teams know, especially now, he is the only pass rushing threat we have.

• Pie 1