• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How surpised were you at how the team looked(Game 1 Edition)?

kungfoodude

How surprised were you at how the team looked(Game 1 Edition)?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. 0 = Not Surprised at all, 5 = Absolutely shocked

Another poster mentioned lackadaisical; that about sums it up.  The overall lack of effort or enthusiasm was breath taking.  

There was improvement in the Oline but, not much else to write home about.  It will be a long season so, we’ll get to see who wants to play and who wants to just cash a check.

Didn’t someone in the front office mention ‘dawg’?

42 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I was very surprised. I guess I'm just an idiot but I actually believed with some protection and an off-season of preparation that Bryce may be able to achieve average QB in the league. I didn't expect the world and all I had hoped for was just an average starter with lots of help around him. Needles to say I was shocked and down and now feel like an idiot 

You're not alone.  It was obvious we didn't have a playoff roster but I thought we'd hang around and lose by 10 or so.  Still win 5 or 6 games. So yes, complete humiliation and a lost season after 1 game surprised me.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

I thought we would lean on the run a lot more and slowly add Bryce with some PA throws.  Looks like a team that has not bought in.

I don't think Bryce is completely broken yet but whatever newfound confidence he'd started to build went down the drain with that first pick. 

I expect them to look a little better next week but won't "figure it out" until Jonathon Brooks becomes the starter in 5 or 6 games.  We'll have won maybe 1 game by them and realize our only option is to pound the rock.  We will start doing that.  Brooks will break out as a star.  Bryce will improve little by little and start to look like his college tape or he actually is a complete bust and around week 10 Canales realizes we have a stud oline and RB and he'll bench Bryce.  We'll stupidly then win just enough games to kill a high enough draft pick to replace Bryce.

Face it Bryce is not (and will never be), an NFL caliber QB. Not even a quality backup. I said it last season and it has proven to be true. Dude just doesn't have the skillset or leadership qualities to make it.

• Pie 5

I wanna see some examples made even if they don't really matter.  Boone allowing the punt block.  I'm way past a developmental 4th string RB.  Just get me someone who can do one simple job well. 

Sanders also screwed up a block that got Bryce sacked but Bryce seems unable to change up protection against obvious pressure.  Can't see it before it comes and doesn't have a plan if the pressure does come.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Face it Bryce is not (and will never be), an NFL caliber QB. Not even a quality backup. I said it last season and it has proven to be true. Dude just doesn't have the skillset or leadership qualities to make it.

Maybe, but the best course of action is still for the staff to be behind Bryce 100 percent.  Him turning it around is still the most probable positive outcome possible for the QB position and the team as a whole. 

The only other option is start Dalton but I think that is too short a leash for Bryce.  As horrible as it sounds you have to stay the course and double down on Bryce and Canales as there really is no where else to go.  Pulling the plug after one game is the only way this gets worse.

Coaching looked better on offense.
Oline and WR looked better.
Bryce looked worse. 
Defense looked worse.  Boggles my mind to think we're worse against the run than last year.

I was pretty much on record going in that Bryce was awful, he didn't fit with Canales and Canales didn't have this team ready given so much newness (and wasted the preseason opportunity). 

All that side, I was STILL a little surprised at exactly how pathetic the team was.  I have to lower my 3-5 wins pending how the ball bounces to 1-3. 

I picked 5...  I just expected more.  I didn't think we'd win but most times division opponents play each other hard.  It was disheartening to see so many looking "checked out". 

I expected DC to have them more motivated to compete.  I expected Evero to do more with less as he's shown in the past.

I expected BY to have shown signs of improvement.

I expected too much I guess.  I bow expect to Aride with this team to hopefully improve.  Or lead us to another high Draft Pick.  

49 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

Sanders also screwed up a block that got Bryce sacked but Bryce seems unable to change up protection against obvious pressure.  Can't see it before it comes and doesn't have a plan if the pressure does come.

The one trait he supposedly excelled at was the "elite processing " ability. In reality, he has no feel or instincts at all.  He can't diagnose a blitz and get the ball out in time. If he actually sees someone open, that's when the panic starts and it's overthrown 5+ yards.

2 hours ago, Cold Cat said:

I picked 5...  I just expected more.  I didn't think we'd win but most times division opponents play each other hard.  It was disheartening to see so many looking "checked out". 

I expected DC to have them more motivated to compete.  I expected Evero to do more with less as he's shown in the past.

I expected BY to have shown signs of improvement.

I expected too much I guess.  I bow expect to Aride with this team to hopefully improve.  Or lead us to another high Draft Pick.  

Honestly, I think the amount of "less" we have given Evero is problematic. It was clear that unit got a lot worse in the offseason. Sunday it was clear on the field too.

• Pie 2