• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How surpised were you at how the team looked(Game 1 Edition)?

kungfoodude

How surprised were you at how the team looked(Game 1 Edition)?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. 0 = Not Surprised at all, 5 = Absolutely shocked

I expected to lose but show some improvement year-over-year. Not only do they look significantly worse schematically and physically, but players who were studs last year (e.g., Brown, Horn when healthy) look like they simply don't care. I was mainly anticipating Bryce to look like he did in the preseason against the Bills, but man, he's awful. At this point all we can do is laugh at them and enjoy the shitshow.

ETA: I really hope we trade Thielen to a contender, dude deserves it. He is one of very few putting his heart into this poo show of a team.

Edited by TNPanther
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2

Considering how much I was laughing, and the fact that I never once even approached the table-pounding fury I used to experience when watching games, clearly I was not surprised. I only picked "1"  rather than zero because even in my darkest cynicism I couldn't have predicted the ignominy of our performance yesterday.

• Beer 1

I went with '3'.

After watching Young last year, you had to be aware that that performance could happen. 

He hasn't proven much in the way of good, but there was hope for seeing some of the near field point guard throws be at least somewhat effective. 

Was very surprised to see that slack run defense.  I knew there were issues elsewhere. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I thought there would be enough handicaps in place to make Bryce look alright and manage an okay game. But offense was an unmitigated disaster 

Defensively, we are severely lacking speed in the secondary and pass rush. Vertical teams are going to obliterate us.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The scheme and the offensive line looked better. But it's clear the team just doesn't believe in Bryce. The defense especially. They saw that first pick and said, "yeah I'm not doing this poo again."

Can't say I blame them after being left on the field every game last year too. The next 2-3 games (3 if he gets another) are going to be crucial for Bryce to show something or he's done.

Edited by OneBadCat
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

53 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I was shocked at how bad they were. The most shocking things was that they played with no heart at all. They got pushed around and made fun of repeatedly and didn't do a single thing about it. 

this. we got bullied all day and we were shell-shocked. just was not expecting that...especially not by the saints. didn't think they had that in them. i guess we gave them all the inspiration they needed with that first TD and BY's first pass right after that. 

there was no recovering. i mean we could have...we just went into shock after that and couldn't pull our poo together, meanwhile saints got pumped up.

\we essentially tripped, rolled over, and just gave them that game. 

truthfully, this team is brand new. full of guys that have never played together before. they were lost. 

• Beer 1