• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Tepper ‘meddle’ this past offseason?!?

TheBigKat

5 minutes ago, Panthering said:

He meddles in the sense that he signs off on the HC & GM Hires, and also has input on the QB situation more than we'd probably like. I'm not sure how much deeper he can go than that but all of the decisions so far in those 3 areas have been catastrophic failures.

He didn't sign off on the HC and GM hires, he INTERVIEWED them.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I'd say at the cellular level, yes. With mandates or conditions placed on the hires in regards to Evero, and Young.

After that I think he is probably trying to stay more hands-off than he has been (no fun for him). 

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

I know everyone is pissed at this guy, we’re about to go 8 seasons without playoffs or semblance of hope

it was painfully obvious last offseason he pushed for the #1 pick with a lopsided trade then compounded that error by in essence forcing Gerber to be the #1 pick.

But this offseason, I haven’t heard much rumblings about him. So while the team is in total disarray is there a possibility he has learned from his major F up that football isn’t stocks and you can’t pick winners from charts and analytics and this is the first offseason he allowed football guys (Morgan) to do football things

Nope, he's just who everyone wants to blame because it's the simplest and easiest boogie man to point at.  His mistake was promoting Dan Morgan but I think that was an attempt at fan service "keep pounding" era.

Edited by Tr3ach

ripple effect from previous years.

that's why i say no matter what happens, keep bryce in there all year. if BY continues to be this bad, tepper just needs to have it driven into that thick skull of his how this was his fault and he needs to keep out of it next time. 

• Pie 2

I don't believe he did. I have a feeling he is starting to learn to stay away a little more and I personally don't feel he did much meddling this off-season. Sometimes we just plain ol' suck even if we have Tepper as an owner and he is not meddling. His past meddling I think just set us up for some years of sub par play.

• Pie 1

Tepper has been a terrible owner, but anyone thinking the owner wouldn’t be part of hiring a new GM and HC is delusional.

Not giving Bryce a chance to prove himself in year two would be crazy (even if you know he’s not the guy, which most of us know).

All of this is a carryover from previous years, and Tepper was a big part of that, but Fitterer is one of the worst GMs of all time, close to every move he made the last few years was a disaster, it would be hard to do that bad even if you tried.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Martin said:

I obviously don’t know how things will turn out, but I don’t see much to disagree with in regards to the last offseason and draft this year, but maybe I’m the only one.

I don't have a big problem with much of it. I understood what they were thinking, like why they did or did not in a couple of cases. Right or wrong, you have to wait on. 

A single pick won't really upset me anyway. I don't fall in love with college prospects, and only really get upset when they trade future assets like Hurney did too much of and the insane deal with the Bears. That, crosses the line for me past just the normal risk.  

• Beer 1

I just want to say that Matt Rhule really came across as kind of like a scam artist motivational speaker type, especially when he looked at his presentations when those got leaked after he was fired.

Dave Canales absolutely has that kinda evangelical scam pastor energy going on, and I'm not saying religion is a scam or whatever just that there are definitely people in that sphere who are charismatic and take advantage of people that are susceptible to it.

Tepper definitely has a type.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Tbe said:

He didn’t need to meddle this year.

Years of bad decisions have added up to what we witnessed yesterday.

This ^ 💯 this is the chickens coming home to roost after years of bad decisions and roster mismanagement. We have no choice but be patient because this won’t be fixed overnight.