• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What did Bryce do during the offseason...

Jmac

1 hour ago, Johnstonny said:

Hell...I just wish someone would take down that pic of Bryce on the right side of all these threads....

i agree, put sir purr there @Zod

that spot is cursed, maybe purr can change that,,,

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I get what you are saying but he is already from a family with means and I highly suspect that is the other half of the problem.  The first being his size.

Glad this is being mentioned. It was honestly one of the more glaring Red Flags for me above his other lacking attributes. Not to say you have to come from a single parent household to maintain a competetive edge (Brady, Stroud, etc.) but dude simply doesn't scream to me someone who eats, sleeps, bleeds football. He's kinda dorky, which is ok, but he's not cut for this poo.

Shame on Tepper.

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

That’s moving goalpost a little.  Bryce Young acknowledged he intentionally spent his offseason getting away from football.  He hammered that point home.  His morning routine involved working out.  So does my wife’s.  But even when he acknowledged he was only lazy with that for a week….he made sure to note again the football aspect wasn’t part of it. 

so the big picture theme is really clear.  Bryce largely unplugged from football this offseason.  Which isn’t what you want to hear and those are his words.  Which is the Bryce offseason critique and it is purely based on his own version of events. 

and after that disaster picture was painted it came out he threw with some WRs once.  That one event doesn’t reallly change the overall offseason narrative that Bryce himself put out there.  Which is the critique. It just means technically there was a day he did something and no one cares about the technicality. 

Yeah I will judge based on what someone said and is quoted. How anyone can argue against that is beyond me.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, Jmac said:

Most players who give a sh#t about their careers put in the work during the offseason to improve. Nothing about him getting the wideouts together to work on their game. In fact, it was the complete opposite. 

He got paid and didn't do a thing to improve. Didn't hit the gym, didn't practice with anyone, and didn't improve any phase of his game.

They need to sit his ass down, sooner than later.  This attitude effects the entire team. Making him a Captain is a joke. Something needs to give.

I didn't hear much about hitting the weight room or meeting receivers and tight ends on the field to do any throwing so it really disappointed me. Maybe he did and nobody said anything but usually you hear something. All I heard from guys here is that he watched Netflix or something like that so maybe someone saw a story in him that said that?

1 hour ago, frankw said:

So what this all boils down to is you think those who differ from your POV of endless excuses want the Panthers and their QB1 to be the biggest laughingstock in the league just so they can say I told you so?

The Office Reaction GIF

Didn’t respond to anything I said just making up your own reality once again.

image.gif.15126a816d10e8a0e5f68eaa2e6d89a1.gif

Tomato, potato, you guys are debating irrelevant events that would not change anything about the current state of this team. I think it's time to bury the debate altogether don't you? I mean it's only a matter of how many games will it take before this schurad ends and the team sits him. Save your powder for the next guy. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, MRenshaw said:

A high character guy would have thrown at the combine and not put on fake water weight. I understand players are motivated to put themselves in the best light possible, but what he did was gaming the system. Yes, it's the FO's fault for being fooled, but still, it's a stretch to call him high character.

Thank you for saying this. I said this before they drafted him as being a HUGE red flag that he did not want to compete with the other QBs since he knew he'd be exposed. 

Of course, our crackpot scouting staff was fooled and we still kept one of them as our new GM. It feels like I am taking crazy pills!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, 33inNC said:

Thank you for saying this. I said this before they drafted him as being a HUGE red flag that he did not want to compete with the other QBs since he knew he'd be exposed. 

Of course, our crackpot scouting staff was fooled and we still kept one of them as our new GM. It feels like I am taking crazy pills!

Yeah. I think the ultimate thing would be having enough belief in yourself to compete with them. Not hide and manipulate the process. 

I know this is modern day America where integrity is old fashioned.... but that would get the highest character grade. And the best (better) prospect grade to boot, because of enough believe in himself to put it out there.

The inverse, is not enough belief, which was obviously good enough for the Panthers. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

6 hours ago, MRenshaw said:

A high character guy would have thrown at the combine and not put on fake water weight. I understand players are motivated to put themselves in the best light possible, but what he did was gaming the system. Yes, it's the FO's fault for being fooled, but still, it's a stretch to call him high character.

Not to mention he went full Tom Cruise with the lift shoes lol. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

The delusion is very concerning with this fanbase. This the same guy that said bryce was a top 4 qb.

People will say anything for clicks and followers, even if it is knowingly false. Controversy sells and if there isn't any someone will create it just to make a buck. 

• Pie 1