• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What did Bryce do during the offseason...

Jmac

25 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

What is the obsession with arguing this? I genuinely don’t get it. Can we not just admit what OP said was false and move on? You admit it, he worked with his receivers. We have an article that says he was back to morning workouts after just one week. Can we move on from saying that he did neither of those things? That’s really all we know isn’t it? We have no clue whether he did the bare minimum, but we know he did AT LEAST those two things. That was my whole point. Why do y’all keep quoting me and trying to argue something else? Whatever he did or didn’t do the result was terrible yesterday. You are arguing like admitting he did anything in the off-season means he looked good or something. Y’all are bizarre for this. 

It wasn't false. He admitted he hardly did anything football related, out of his own mouth. What do you not understand? You want to defend him fine, but don't sugar coat his words.

Edited by Jmac

9 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

What is the obsession with arguing this? I genuinely don’t get it. Can we not just admit what OP said was false and move on? You admit it, he worked with his receivers. We have an article that says he was back to morning workouts after just one week. Can we move on from saying that he did neither of those things? That’s really all we know isn’t it? We have no clue whether he did the bare minimum, but we know he did AT LEAST those two things. That was my whole point. Why do y’all keep quoting me and trying to argue something else? Whatever he did or didn’t do the result was terrible yesterday. You are arguing like admitting he did anything in the off-season means he looked good or something. Y’all are bizarre for this. 

Didn't you initiate this by quoting CRA? Now you're apparently under some bizarre attack? Settle down.

We can argue about specifically what he did or didn’t do in the offseason all we want but the simple fact of the matter is Bryce Young has not made any progress developmentally and we cannot place blame everywhere else but him any longer. The time for scapegoats is gone. He has to stand on his own two feet. He isn't in college anymore.

I look at BY and simply do not see a #1 pick that is concerned with becoming one of the best QB's in the NFL let alone competing for and winning one or more championships. I see the same prospect I was concerned about before the draft. He had been given the best to work with in high school and college and afforded every excuse possible before entering the NFL while CJ Stroud was dragged through the mud as much as possible before the draft. What adversity has he ever had to face before this?

It's time for some hard truths and tough love. Enough whispering sweet nothings in his ear from our staff and org. This is not a daycare. Step up and own your shortcomings and commit to striving to become a better player or get out as far as I'm concerned. No more coddling.

• Pie 5

28 minutes ago, frankw said:

Didn't you initiate this by quoting CRA? Now you're apparently under some bizarre attack? Settle down.

We can argue about specifically what he did or didn’t do in the offseason all we want but the simple fact of the matter is Bryce Young has not made any progress developmentally and we cannot place blame everywhere else but him any longer. The time for scapegoats is gone. He has to stand on his own two feet. He isn't in college anymore.

I look at BY and simply do not see a #1 pick that is concerned with becoming one of the best QB's in the NFL let alone competing for and winning one or more championships. I see the same prospect I was concerned about before the draft. He had been given the best to work with in high school and college and afforded every excuse possible before entering the NFL while CJ Stroud was dragged through the mud as much as possible before the draft. What adversity has he ever had to face before this?

It's time for some hard truths and tough love. Enough whispering sweet nothings in his ear from our staff and org. This is not a daycare. Step up and own your shortcomings and commit to striving to become a better player or get out as far as I'm concerned. No more coddling.

Nope I was quoted by CRA when I responded to OP. What’s the point if you aren’t even going to read? Why are you quoting and arguing with me without even bothering to understand the point I was making. Y’all are literally arguing against me while at the same time admitting that what I said, my whole point, is true. There’s literally nothing to argue from my original point, and yet here we are, that’s what is bizarre.

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

Nope I was quoted by CRA when I responded to OP. What’s the point if you aren’t even going to read? Why are you quoting and arguing with me without even bothering to understand the point I was making. Y’all are literally arguing against me while at the same time admitting that what I said, my whole point, is true. There’s literally nothing to argue from my original point, and yet here we are, that’s what is bizarre.

I would argue you are simply making excuses and carrying water but if you think you're making an actual point then proceed.

• Pie 4

35 minutes ago, Jmac said:

It wasn't false. He admitted he hardly did anything football related, out of his own mouth. What do you not understand? You want to defend him fine, but don't sugar coat his words.

7 hours ago, Jmac said:

Most players who give a sh#t about their careers put in the work during the offseason to improve. Nothing about him getting the wideouts together to work on their game. In fact, it was the complete opposite. 

He got paid and didn't do a thing to improve. Didn't hit the gym, didn't practice with anyone, and didn't improve any phase of his game.

They need to sit his ass down, sooner than later.  This attitude effects the entire team. Making him a Captain is a joke. Something needs to give.

Everything bolded is verfiably false. Proven false. Known for a fact to be false. Admitted to be false even by the people arguing with me for some reason. What is hard to understand about this. The whole thread is based on a lie that he didn’t work with his receivers or go to the gym in the off-season when we know he did both those things, and in the case of working with receivers we had Twitter verification that it was happening literally while it was happening. Let’s live in reality, that is all. He did those things and looked terrible. The only thing you were correct about was that he didn’t appear to improve from whatever he did in the off-season, but that wasn’t the point of the thread. The point of the thread was a character assassination that he didn’t try to improve at all on his own. We know he did some things, we don’t know how much but we know he did at least some. And we know the result yesterday looked terrible.

19 minutes ago, frankw said:

I would argue you are simply making excuses and carrying water but if you think you're making an actual point then proceed.

Lol you keep saying things that make me think you’re just responding to something you made up in your head and not me, yet you keep quoting me. Are you ok? I’m still waiting to find out what the sob story was from your original quote of me. Now we have excuses? Point to the excuse please and tell me what it’s an excuse for. And please quote my op and tell me what is factually incorrect and why I’m having to deal with quote after quote from you and CRA arguing against things that you yourselves have admitted are factually true. I think you’ve just been waiting all off-season for Bryce Young to fail and you’re so desperate to have your I told you so moment that you can’t even respond to what people are actually saying.

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I think you’ve just been waiting all off-season for Bryce Young to fail and you’re so desperate to have your I told you so moment

So what this all boils down to is you think those who differ from your POV of endless excuses want the Panthers and their QB1 to be the biggest laughingstock in the league just so they can say I told you so?

The Office Reaction GIF

• Pie 5

8 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Lol you keep saying things that make me think you’re just responding to something you made up in your head and not me, yet you keep quoting me. Are you ok? I’m still waiting to find out what the sob story was from your original quote of me. Now we have excuses? Point to the excuse please and tell me what it’s an excuse for. And please quote my op and tell me what is factually incorrect and why I’m having to deal with quote after quote from you and CRA arguing against things that you yourselves have admitted are factually true. I think you’ve just been waiting all off-season for Bryce Young to fail and you’re so desperate to have your I told you so moment that you can’t even respond to what people are actually saying.

dude, just stop, you are looking like a lunatic

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

saw him hooping at the dowd a couple times. maybe hes preparing for a career in the big 3

Can he dunk?

JKJKJK

But for real, Steve Smith is shorter than Bryce and I’ve heard reports of him throwing down MONSTER JAMS, even flat-footed.  Dude was such a freak.

53 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Everything bolded is verfiably false. Proven false. Known for a fact to be false. Admitted to be false even by the people arguing with me for some reason. What is hard to understand about this. The whole thread is based on a lie that he didn’t work with his receivers or go to the gym in the off-season when we know he did both those things, and in the case of working with receivers we had Twitter verification that it was happening literally while it was happening.

That’s moving goalpost a little.  Bryce Young acknowledged he intentionally spent his offseason getting away from football.  He hammered that point home.  His morning routine involved working out.  So does my wife’s.  But even when he acknowledged he was only lazy with that for a week….he made sure to note again the football aspect wasn’t part of it. 

so the big picture theme is really clear.  Bryce largely unplugged from football this offseason.  Which isn’t what you want to hear and those are his words.  Which is the Bryce offseason critique and it is purely based on his own version of events. 

and after that disaster picture was painted it came out he threw with some WRs once.  That one event doesn’t reallly change the overall offseason narrative that Bryce himself put out there.  Which is the critique. It just means technically there was a day he did something and no one cares about the technicality.