• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What did Bryce do during the offseason...

Jmac

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, that's not what he said.  The article is still up on Panthers.com.  

the week, is a reference to how long he slept in.  He then began to workout in the mornings after that but was clear he was still staying away from actual football stuff and just working out.  His actual offseason was described by him in great detail. 

I was kind of away from football for the most part, just living every other aspect of my life. Just hanging out, being around family, being around friends, getting back to a routine that doesn't revolve as much around football. For me, it was still being able to just enjoy and work out, but the Xs and Os actual football part, kind of stepping away from it.

"Legit, it sounds boring, like I'm holding something out, but I'm not. But it's really like I watch YouTube, I watch TV, I watch Netflix, and every once in a while, I'll go someplace to maybe look at some clothes or something. There's nothing really cool that I'm just trying to hang onto. I'm definitely kind of a homebody. I'm an only child, so I'm used to being able to just chill on my own. That's how I decompress. So it's really just that."

Having millions of $$$ in the bank makes it easy to slack off I guess and not give a sh#t.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

his footwork is still complete garbage and for DC to say it was fine is fuging concerning

Like I’ve said, if DC is who we hope he is then he knows Bryce is a lost cause and he’s just trying to get through this year until he gets to bring in his guy

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

the week, is a reference to how long he slept in.  He then began to workout in the mornings after that but was clear he was still staying away from actual football stuff and just working out.  His actual offseason was described by him in great detail. 

I was kind of away from football for the most part, just living every other aspect of my life. Just hanging out, being around family, being around friends, getting back to a routine that doesn't revolve as much around football. For me, it was still being able to just enjoy and work out, but the Xs and Os actual football part, kind of stepping away from it.

"Legit, it sounds boring, like I'm holding something out, but I'm not. But it's really like I watch YouTube, I watch TV, I watch Netflix, and every once in a while, I'll go someplace to maybe look at some clothes or something. There's nothing really cool that I'm just trying to hang onto. I'm definitely kind of a homebody. I'm an only child, so I'm used to being able to just chill on my own. That's how I decompress. So it's really just that."

Yeah all that is a red flag for a franchise QB.

• Pie 1

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Like I’ve said, if DC is who we hope he is then he knows Bryce is a lost cause and he’s just trying to get through this year until he gets to bring in his guy

I've stopped hoping Tepper has hired the right people. I've moved on from Young and now my focus is on the coaching staff and Morgan. What I saw yesterday does not give me any hope that they have the right guy. Until proven otherwise I still say he looks like a Pelaton instructor that is in over his head as a nfl head coach but is just happy to be here.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I've stopped hoping Tepper has hired the right people. I've moved on from Young and now my focus is on the coaching staff and Morgan. What I saw yesterday does not give me any hope that they have the right guy. Until proven otherwise I still say he looks like a Pelaton instructor that is in over his head as a nfl head coach but is just happy to be here.

Unfortunately for us these are the guys we’re stuck having to hire because no one else is dumb enough to take this job (thank you Tepper). So we’re stuck throwing up hail Mary’s on guys with one decent season under their belt at a coordinator position

We all joke about it but we truly are F*CKED

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Unfortunately for us these are the guys we’re stuck having to hire because no one else is dumb enough to take this job (thank you Tepper). So we’re stuck throwing up hail Mary’s on guys with one decent season under their belt at a coordinator position

We all joke about it but we truly are F*CKED

I've been saying this team is FUBAR for years now and held out hope that somehow something would eventually got right for us fans. But until they prove otherwise we are FUBAR. 

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If he's smart, he was working tirelessly with a top tier financial advisor to best manage the guaranteed money in his rookie contract because it looks like that'll be the last money he makes in football.

And to think he was bout to holdout for more money or atleast that was a rumor. 

4 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Bryce sucked yesterday. Everybody sucked. But this is nonsense. We know he in fact did get together with at least some of his receivers in California to do work on their own, TMJ being among them. They still stunk it up yesterday. Making poo up and making assumptions is only going to cause argument when we should be in agreement. Bryce Young did not sit on his ass watching Netflix all off-season. He said he took a week off, one week, from working out. That’s fine with me. If you want to argue players shouldn’t take a week off let’s have that argument instead of this nonsense about him doing nothing the whole off-season. It’s worse that he worked in the off-season and still looked that bad yesterday so there is literally no reason to focus on this made up nonsense.

This kid has 38 million guaranteed to continually be the worst starting QB in the entire NFL.

We don't need these sob stories. He's laughing all the way to the bank no matter what.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

55 minutes ago, CRA said:

Keep going with that article. I dare you. This is such a huge problem nowadays. You are literally arguing against what that article says you’re just too lazy to read the whole thing.

6 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Keep going with that article. I dare you. This is such a huge problem nowadays. You are literally arguing against what that article says you’re just too lazy to read the whole thing.

I mean, dare away.  I'll just quote Bryce. 

I have already done this convo a billions times.  It was a horrific quote.  But it largely is him painting his offseason picture.  It was a horrible quote.  Panthers did him no favors.  Was it entirely accurate? No.  Later he gave more details.  But once you gather all the info.....the big picture paints the same way.  You basically get to throw in a "see, he technically did something".  You got a QB who didn't do much in terms of football and it was intentional this offseason.   His words.