• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What did Bryce do during the offseason...

Jmac

2 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Difference is Murray has skills. Bryce has nothing. Sitting on his ass and doing nothing to improve is telling.

I think he's just accepted he's not an NFL QB. He's like me, no amount of work he can put in is going to make him an NFL QB. He just lacks the prerequisite physical talent. Now obviously he has a lot more of that than I do, but we're both below the NFL threshold.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

There is nothing he could work on to really change anything anyways. He can't see and he doesn't have the physical tools to play a different type of game. I guess he learned from  Riech's example last year and showed up to get his check this year while taking an embarrassing beating along the way.

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think he's just accepted he's not an NFL QB. He's like me, no amount of work he can put in is going to make him an NFL QB. He just lacks the prerequisite physical talent. Now obviously he has a lot more of that than I do, but we're both below the NFL threshold.

Right, but shouldn't he have at least been working with a QB consultant like Cam did with Weinke to at least learn NLF QB footwork? Shouldn't he being trying to improve his mechanics so he can at least be more accurate at short range? Doesn't he at least owe the organization that is paying him millions to try to improve?

• Beer 1

Bryce sucked yesterday. Everybody sucked. But this is nonsense. We know he in fact did get together with at least some of his receivers in California to do work on their own, TMJ being among them. They still stunk it up yesterday. Making poo up and making assumptions is only going to cause argument when we should be in agreement. Bryce Young did not sit on his ass watching Netflix all off-season. He said he took a week off, one week, from working out. That’s fine with me. If you want to argue players shouldn’t take a week off let’s have that argument instead of this nonsense about him doing nothing the whole off-season. It’s worse that he worked in the off-season and still looked that bad yesterday so there is literally no reason to focus on this made up nonsense.

• Pie 1

He definitely had a lot of media training in the off season. I can tell because he looked more poised during the post-game press conference. Unlike last year, he didn't fumble for words or pad his sentences with endless strings of um, um, um. 

I can't tell for sure, he might have also worked on improving his S2 score. 

3 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Bryce sucked yesterday. Everybody sucked. But this is nonsense. We know he in fact did get together with at least some of his receivers in California to do work on their own, TMJ being among them. They still stunk it up yesterday. Making poo up and making assumptions is only going to cause argument when we should be in agreement. Bryce Young did not sit on his ass watching Netflix all off-season. He said he took a week off, one week, from working out. That’s fine with me. If you want to argue players shouldn’t take a week off let’s have that argument instead of this nonsense about him doing nothing the whole off-season. It’s worse that he worked in the off-season and still looked that bad yesterday so there is literally no reason to focus on this made up nonsense.

I mean, that's not what he said.  The article is still up on Panthers.com.  

the week, is a reference to how long he slept in.  He then began to workout in the mornings after that but was clear he was still staying away from actual football stuff and just working out.  His actual offseason was described by him in great detail. 

I was kind of away from football for the most part, just living every other aspect of my life. Just hanging out, being around family, being around friends, getting back to a routine that doesn't revolve as much around football. For me, it was still being able to just enjoy and work out, but the Xs and Os actual football part, kind of stepping away from it.

"Legit, it sounds boring, like I'm holding something out, but I'm not. But it's really like I watch YouTube, I watch TV, I watch Netflix, and every once in a while, I'll go someplace to maybe look at some clothes or something. There's nothing really cool that I'm just trying to hang onto. I'm definitely kind of a homebody. I'm an only child, so I'm used to being able to just chill on my own. That's how I decompress. So it's really just that."

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Well lucky for us we can just look at him to see if he was actually working out and it’s clear as day he didn’t do sh!t. 

Guy has next to no muscle to begin with so it wouldn’t be hard to see his little newbie gains if he did take working out seriously. I said it at the time when he was asked about it at one of his first pressers at camp that his answer was awful and it was a dead giveaway that he hadn’t done much. 

A couple photos of one workout and a 3 days trip with the boys to Cali isnt doing much 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

This assumes he is an NFL caliber QB. Show me the evidence for that.

This is like blaming Ian Thomas for not panning out or Sam Darnold for being a huge bust. WTF do you want them to do? They just aren't NFL caliber players.

Darnold is at least good enough to be a fringe/spot starter or top level backup QB. Bryce... dude is closer in talent to the waterboy than a practice squad QB

• Pie 2

Good luck with Bryce....he is a bust.

4 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Well lucky for us we can just look at him to see if he was actually working out and it’s clear as day he didn’t do sh!t. 

Guy has next to no muscle to begin with so it wouldn’t be hard to see his little newbie gains if he did take working out seriously. I said it at the time when he was asked about it at one of his first pressers at camp that his answer was awful and it was a dead giveaway that he hadn’t done much. 

A couple photos of one workout and a 3 days trip with the boys to Cali isnt doing much 

his footwork is still complete garbage and for DC to say it was fine is fuging concerning

• Beer 2