• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What did Bryce do during the offseason...

Jmac

Most players who give a sh#t about their careers put in the work during the offseason to improve. Nothing about him getting the wideouts together to work on their game. In fact, it was the complete opposite. 

He got paid and didn't do a thing to improve. Didn't hit the gym, didn't practice with anyone, and didn't improve any phase of his game.

They need to sit his ass down, sooner than later.  This attitude effects the entire team. Making him a Captain is a joke. Something needs to give.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Jmac said:

He got paid and didn't do a thing to improve. Didn't hit the gym, didn't practice with anyone, and didn't improve any phase of his game.

I thought they did have a program for him over the off season.  I remember reading something about strength and conditioning.  Maybe I was just hopeful?

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If he's smart, he was working tirelessly with a top tier financial advisor to best manage the guaranteed money in his rookie contract because it looks like that'll be the last money he makes in football.

I get what you are saying but he is already from a family with means and I highly suspect that is the other half of the problem.  The first being his size.

• Pie 1

he already told us. 

He got away from all football related stuff, he hung out alone, he watched a lot of TV. 

but he "exercised".  So people defended the obvious nightmare that was coming.  That's not a normal answer for a really bad QB coming off the year he did.  Dude should of been consumed with the game. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 3

Honestly, who really cares what he did or didn't do? Horn works out like a madman all offseason but he gets injured all the time. Kyler Murray played CoD all offseason but he's a top 15 paid QB. 

IDGAF. I care about winning and playing well. He isn't doing that, so I don't care if he worked 12 hours a day on fundamentals all offseason or spent every day at Carowinds.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

He worked on getting taller

I can tell it worked.  He is taller than my oldest grandson.  

granted, my grandson is a bit small for his age and is in the 4th grade.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Honestly, who really cares what he did or didn't do? Horn works out like a madman all offseason but he gets injured all the time. Kyler Murray played CoD all offseason but he's a top 15 paid QB. 

IDGAF. I care about winning and playing well. He isn't doing that, so I don't care if he worked 12 hours a day on fundamentals all offseason or spent every day at Carowinds.

Idk. It does matter for Bryce bc he could use all the coaching and training he can get

Just now, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Idk. It does matter for Bryce bc he could use all the coaching and training he can get

This assumes he is an NFL caliber QB. Show me the evidence for that.

This is like blaming Ian Thomas for not panning out or Sam Darnold for being a huge bust. WTF do you want them to do? They just aren't NFL caliber players.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Difference is Murray has skills. Bryce has nothing. Sitting on his ass and doing nothing to improve is telling.

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This. No one questions your process when you're performing. It's about your play on the field and staying out of legal trouble. Everything else is whatever.

• Beer 2