• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We've seen a full season of Bryce Young now. What aspects of his game have shown progress or improvement?

TN05

Record: 2-15
Completion percentage: 58.9%
Yards: 3,081 (178.7 per game)
Yards per attempt: 5.5
Touchdowns: 12 (11 passing, 1 rushing)
Interceptions: 12
Fumbles: 11
Sacks: 66

In his last three games he's combined for 367 yards (122 yards per game, 4.6 per attempt) on a 54% completion percentage, scored one touchdown, and turned the ball over four times.

What portions of Bryce Young's game have seen noticeable improvement since his first start?

3 minutes ago, TN05 said:

What portions of Bryce Young's game have seen noticeable improvement since his first start?

first start of 2023 vs first start of 2024

2024 was worse.  and that wasn't exactly easy to pull off

• Pie 2

I see regression. 

He initially had, at least, a bit more confidence in short throws. Intermediates and deeps are terrible.    

But when he drops back, it seems he is taking a second to get a sense of the pocket, like he's needing to shuffle around on a bball court. In the NFL, you trust the line, survey the field and step up.  He panics and tries to find a college clean pocket, scurrying around. Honestly, I went back to watch Alabama highlights, and he kind of did this there in big games and they would have a lot of stalled drives.  Thing is, he could escape better because he wasn't dealing with NFL DLs.  

I'm going to one of the current bests, but just look at Stafford last night.  That guy can't move at his age.  Avila got injured.  Tackles were banged up.  He had defenders in his face, collapsing pocket.  He adjusted.  Understood the passing concepts, got the ball out quickly and ahead. Stepped up, got slapped and hit on some throws, but got them out.   

Bryce plays behind.  Reacting to the trench battle rather than trusting it and maintaining focus on the receivers.  

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Imma about to start a bring back PJ Walker thread.  He is better than Bryce Young.  And PJ is a bum by NFL standards.  At least PJ makes the game entertaining. 

I still think PJ is a good player...  snd like you said, at worst, he is athletic and can fuging sling it.

I've been thinking a lot about past "great" college QBs who failed to translate to the NFL.  Two that really standout are Pat White and idk why I keep thinking Danny Weurfell (sp?).  I think because Weurfell had very few good physical traits, but he carved out an admirable career in the NFL and even had some moments of success...  but that was also possible because there were very low expectations because of where he was drafted and the league knew he wasn't physically gifted, but he had enough physically to have moments.

Pat was incredibly athletic, but also apparently had a noodle for an arm so that didn't last long at all.

Bryce is smaller than both and has no physical ability that sets him apart from either, or anyone else on an NFL field, for that matter.  I think the biggest thing physically to be able to even carve out some semblance of an NFL career as a QB, is you have to have a capable arm, first and foremost.  You could suck at everything else, but if you can see your targets and complete even basic level NFL passes, you can make it.  Bryce doesn't and can't.  The end.