• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst part of the game yesterday was the end of the 1st half

3 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean, Ron Rivera is basically Vince Lombardi compared to the Tepper era folks.  Not really the time or place for Ron bashing given what Rhule, Frank and now Dave have done. 

Ron is just the precursor to Rhule and Reich. He’s not separate, and he’s certainly no Lombardi compared to them. If Ron had the teams Rhule and Reich had he wouldn’t have fared much better than them. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
Just look at his time with Washington…
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mage said:

I mean, I knew the season was over after the Shaheed TD immediately followed by the Bryce INT.

It was at that point I knew what was up.  So I would say that was both the worst and best part of the game, because I am grateful the Panthers didn't waste our time this season.  They told us straight up they would suck.  

The only reason to still watch is to see historical suckage.  Call me a bad fan but if we are going to suck, I want us to SUCK.  I want us to set records for suck.  Probably the only way to get real change around here.  

It's hard to figure out which team is more pathetic - the Panthers or the White Sox

Canales job is to win games .   If he keeps Young at QB he will lose not only games but the locker room as well .    He needs to light a fire under some asses and give Bryce only the next game by halftime .  If he looks bad pull him and put in Dalton ,  We will also lose the fanbase and every game will be a home game for the other team .

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Roster building has been the problem for an entire decade. Shaq is the vet franchise leader now. I like Shaq as a hybrid playmaker, but building a defense around him to contend was never a good strategy.

Seeing all the bad decisions from the past decade bottom out in the game was the worst part. This team has no foundation, no championship strategy and is just a farm team for the rest of the NFL.

I feel for all the capable playoff caliber players & coaches with championship promise. This organization has no championship foundation, strategy, or culture set from the top.

40 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I dont know... Down 23 points means you have to go and try and score. And let's be real, even if we make the Saints use all of their timeouts, they would still have scored no problem on us

im not totally sure i agree with "we gotta score" in that situation, especially because the panthers had the ball coming out of half and the game wasn't (technically) out of reach yet.

but you can try to score and not stop the clock twice. in that situation, yes you're trying ot score but you're doing so in a way that leaves as little time on the clock as possible. And they did that on their next drive.

The worst part of that game was that we officially went down 17 points at 1:32 remaining  in the first quarter, a total that we now know was enough to win the game.  

At 1:32 already facing an insurmountable lead we had not completed a pass.  We didn't get our first completion until :37 seconds remaining the first quarter.  

Every yard Bryce gained passing was essentially garbage time.

Edited by Newtcase
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

The worst part of that game was that we officially went down 17 points at 1:32 remaining  in the first quarter, a total that we now know was enough to win the game.  

At 1:32 already facing an insurmountable lead we had not completed a pass.  We didn't get our first completion until :37 seconds remaining the first quarter.  

Every yard Bryce gained passing was essentially garbage time.

yeah that game felt completely out of reach after the bryce pick. and everyone where I was knew it too.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Ron is just the precursor to Rhule and Reich. He’s not separate, and he’s certainly no Lombardi compared to them. If Ron had the teams Rhule and Reich had he wouldn’t have fared much better than them. 

Disagree.  I think Ron does better with Rhule's team.  Ron Rivera is a MUCH better NFL coach than Rhule.  Rhule wasn't even running real NFL practices for crying out loud.  Ron would have had Joe Brady doing NFL basics with the team.  Then the backend proof of Steve Wilks doing drastically better while being the most boring coach possible. 

Bryce sort of implodes everything.  But even still, Ron Rivera wouldn't of been as mentally defeated as Frank was before the first kick. 

4 hours ago, Mage said:

I mean, I knew the season was over after the Shaheed TD immediately followed by the Bryce INT.

It was at that point I knew what was up.  So I would say that was both the worst and best part of the game, because I am grateful the Panthers didn't waste our time this season.  They told us straight up they would suck.  

The only reason to still watch is to see historical suckage.  Call me a bad fan but if we are going to suck, I want us to SUCK.  I want us to set records for suck.  Probably the only way to get real change around here.  

Its like a gambling addiction or the morbid curiosity of a car accident.  There is no way we can keep sucking this hard.  At some point something has to give. 

5 hours ago, CRA said:

Disagree.  I think Ron does better with Rhule's team.  Ron Rivera is a MUCH better NFL coach than Rhule.  Rhule wasn't even running real NFL practices for crying out loud.  Ron would have had Joe Brady doing NFL basics with the team.  Then the backend proof of Steve Wilks doing drastically better while being the most boring coach possible. 

Bryce sort of implodes everything.  But even still, Ron Rivera wouldn't of been as mentally defeated as Frank was before the first kick. 

Counterpoint: 2019 Ron had basically the same team as 2020 Rhule except he had a much better QB. Same record. 

12 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Counterpoint: 2019 Ron had basically the same team as 2020 Rhule except he had a much better QB. Same record. 

I'd argue in a QB league, QB being the most impactful spot, that a vet Teddy Bridgewater as your starting QB provides much more consistency for an offense than Kyle Allen.  That's a pretty big difference. 

and like I said, I think Wilks at the end sort of confirms it all

Ron gets way too much hate.  A flawed coach that underachieved big picture but he is better than this slop we have been going through.  Ron brought a certain level of competency and accountability IMO we haven't seen since.