• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst part of the game yesterday was the end of the 1st half

2 minute warning, down on your own 27, down 23 - 0. Have not done a thing all half. Just get off the damn field.

Saints have 3 timeouts left. Basic, basic football is to keep the clock running. Try to pick up a few first downs, or just run the ball three times and force the saints to burn their timeouts and try to hold them after a punt.

1. Bryce incomplete out of bounds

2. Bryce ran out of bounds

<Panthers called a timeout for some reason, probably because Bryce can't see the defense and he figured they'd be in the same thing two plays in a row>

3. Bryce takes a huge sack

Panthers punt, saints score a TD before half.

Now sure, the Saints scored like on the next play, and the Panthers then managed to churn out a 50 yard FG to keep from being shut out in the first, but that is an inexcusable exchange at the end of a half. You still end up down another four points with the exchange.  That is situational football that every single nfl caliber coach and qb should understand. You either call plays to chew up clock (dave), or the qb knows not to throw the fuging ball out of bounds or run out of bounds (bryce).

Last season, Bryce consistently showed he had no grasp of situational football. We all remember the Panthers killing their own game with those slow, 10 minute, fourth quarter drives down two scores where he'd be walking up to the line, no hurry, etc.

He does not know how to play football, and Dave Canales is going to have to bench him if he wants to be taken seriously by the players.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

Nope, completely disagree. I liked staying aggressive. Sure, the saints scored again but you have to have the attitude that we’re going to keep trying. Giving up is loser Rivera ball. We weren’t winning that game no matter what. Show the other 51 guys on the team that you still believe in them and once we get a QB we can make things like that work. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

We're the Browns now. When you whiff the obvious pick that everyone but whatever the name of our owner is these days wanted to pick then your franchise is set back years. They can fug off, they haven't earned anyone's money or attention in years now and it'll be years still before this is resolved.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Giving up is loser Rivera ball. 

I mean, Ron Rivera is basically Vince Lombardi compared to the Tepper era folks.  Not really the time or place for Ron bashing given what Rhule, Frank and now Dave have done. 

• Pie 4

Just now, CRA said:

I mean, Ron Rivera is basically Vince Lombardi compared to the Tepper era folks.  Not really the time or place for Ron bashing given what Rhule, Frank and now Dave have done. 

Dave is going to need a chance so more than one single game but some others like Bryce, yeah they have had enough games to show even SOMETHING redeemable 

• Pie 1

Are you going to make a thread about every single complaint you have? Nothing was good yesterday. Nothing. I’m sure if they had gone with your strategy we’d get a thread about their lack of urgency in just trying to run clock and get to the half. If there’s one thing I won’t complain about, it’s actually trying to run a 2 minute drill when down 23-0. Sure, it failed miserably like everything else yesterday, but at least they didn’t do what you suggested.

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rivera could always coach defense even with a sub par defensive roster. Man made it to a Super Bowl with off the street CBs and most of that is Cam but still our defense didn't even fall apart in the SB it was the offense and once again that is with off the street DBs.

21 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

We're the Browns now. When you whiff the obvious pick that everyone but whatever the name of our owner is these days wanted to pick then your franchise is set back years. They can fug off, they haven't earned anyone's money or attention in years now and it'll be years still before this is resolved.

Been preaching this for multiple years now. We are the new Browns.

Literally every sign from that 1999-2017 run of misery is there. Worst part is that our 2018-2023 is actually worse than that era started our for them.

Buckle your seat belts, boys. It's gonna be a rough remainder of this decade.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I mean, I knew the season was over after the Shaheed TD immediately followed by the Bryce INT.

It was at that point I knew what was up.  So I would say that was both the worst and best part of the game, because I am grateful the Panthers didn't waste our time this season.  They told us straight up they would suck.  

The only reason to still watch is to see historical suckage.  Call me a bad fan but if we are going to suck, I want us to SUCK.  I want us to set records for suck.  Probably the only way to get real change around here.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1