• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The official date for the record books

CRA

1 hour ago, UNCrules2187 said:

@CRA I owe you an apology. I thought being super upset at Canales/the team for not playing the starters much in the preseason was overblown. And I still don't know how much that would've changed things given how much of an abject disaster this team looked like yesterday, but it's clear as day they needed more live reps together. 

Tbh, we all knew they should've played the bulk of the first halves, AT MINIMUM, for every preseason game.  But I don't think this approach was made because Dave was so confident in what they were doing/showing in practice - I think they knew exactly how shitty it would look and felt the preseason wasn't gonna make a difference because Bryce is that bad and they're prepared to tank.

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, he literally gets blinded in the pocket.  You could see that Sunday.  He can't see on way too many plays.  So auto goes into survival mode and that is bad mechanics and breaking the pocket.  Bigger QB could see and deliver balls he can't. 

They are doing the opposite of what I'd do and it is probably because they asked him what plays he likes... what is he best at? 

I thought the best chance he would have would be in taking that away from him, putting him i that rigid frame of taking a quick decisive drop, and stepping straight into your (well) under 2.7 second throw. Change his routine so much he didn't have a chance to revert.

I know how radical that is but desperate situations call for desperate measures. He only has that run around backyard thing going for him otherwise. 

But he is 5'9" or something so... can't step up and know where it is going..

Edited by strato

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

His pocket awareness is poor and thats being nice.

Member when I said I was being 100% honest in saying PJ > BY. 

You can go down the list- baker, darnold, stroud, levis, etc etc. Panthers org deserves B Y. 

PJ Walker is better than Bryce Young.  100%.  Now, I guess one could argue Bryce technically could get better.  But that's hope. 

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Tbh, we all knew they should've played the bulk of the first halves, AT MINIMUM, for every preseason game.  But I don't think this approach was made because Dave was so confident in what they were doing/showing in practice - I think they knew exactly how shitty it would look and felt the preseason wasn't gonna make a difference because Bryce is that bad and they're prepared to tank.

deep down we all know a lot of things.  

everyone knew when Bryce said he intentionally had nothing to do with football all offseason, hung out alone and watched TV.......that was a bad sign.  Some defended it.   But they knew. 

I mean, I'll argue their is a place in college for Dabo.  But I know there really isn't.  That way is dead. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

PJ Walker is better than Bryce Young.  100%.  Now, I guess one could argue Bryce technically could get better.  But that's hope. 

I agree there would be hope if bryce had a killer drive, but he was too busy this off-season watching netflixs Acolyte on repeat.