• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The official date for the record books

CRA

September 8, 2024.  The day Bryce Young was finished as a NFL QB.  I mean, it technically won't happen yet.  But when you look back, that will be the date when the answer became crystal clear.  Every game from here on out is a waste of time.   We all know the answer.  Everyone here knows it.  And frankly, everyone at BOA knows. 

It's Over Johnny. It's Over! - by Brian Lund

• Flames 1

Just now, CRA said:

September 8, 2022.  The day Bryce Young was finished as a NFL QB.  I mean, it technically won't happen yet.  But when you look back, that will be the date when the answer became crystal clear.  Every game from here on out is a waste of time.   We all know the answer.  Everyone here knows it.  And frankly, everyone at BOA knows. 

It's Over Johnny. It's Over! - by Brian Lund

Two years ago?  A year before he was drafted?

• Beer 2

@CRA I owe you an apology. I thought being super upset at Canales/the team for not playing the starters much in the preseason was overblown. And I still don't know how much that would've changed things given how much of an abject disaster this team looked like yesterday, but it's clear as day they needed more live reps together. 

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 1

33 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

@CRA I owe you an apology. I thought being super upset at Canales/the team for not playing the starters much in the preseason was overblown. And I still don't know how much that would've changed things given how much of an abject disaster this team looked like yesterday, but it's clear as day they needed more live reps together. 

At least no one got hurt in the preseason!  We might have lost even worse.

Young's footwork did indeed revert to the ingrained mechanics they are trying to fix; the new has not taken. It may take at some point but that is a very high hurdle. 

I would have expected the defense to be more together but they are full of new people some of whom are basically street FAs. 

I am going with I knew this could happen, and it did, but it was one week. They got their asses kicked and it is probably good for them to be embarrassed. Long season stick to the plan. 

Just now, strato said:

Young's footwork did indeed revert to the ingrained mechanics they are trying to fix; the new has not taken. It may take at some point but that is a very high hurdle. 

I would have expected the defense to be more together but they are full of new people some of whom are basically street FAs. 

I am going with I knew this could happen, and it did, but it was one week. They got their asses kicked and it is probably good for them to be embarrassed. Long season stick to the plan. 

I mean, he literally gets blinded in the pocket.  You could see that Sunday.  He can't see on way too many plays.  So auto goes into survival mode and that is bad mechanics and breaking the pocket.  Bigger QB could see and deliver balls he can't. 

56 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Its only one game and all, but it truly looks like they were in fact hiding bryce form being further exposed. I thought it was silly and "hey guyz this is the NFL, nothing like that would take place"..... But that was awful seeing him struggle out there and that first throw....just. 

Set back 5 years. 

Edited by Basbear

2 hours ago, La Pantera said:

Cam Ward come on down!!

I’ve enjoyed watching him develop over the years. He has really come along as a passer, has a great arm, legs. A bit inconsistent and reckless trying to play superhero, but that’s what’s been improving.

If he continues, we’re likely looking at Beck, Allar, Ewers, and Ward.

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, he literally gets blinded in the pocket.  You could see that Sunday.  He can't see on way too many plays.  So auto goes into survival mode and that is bad mechanics and breaking the pocket.  Bigger QB could see and deliver balls he can't. 

His pocket awareness is poor and thats being nice.

Member when I said I was being 100% honest in saying PJ > BY. 

You can go down the list- baker, darnold, stroud, levis, etc etc. Panthers org deserves B Y.