• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best and worst Performances from Saints Game

Chad_Cota

1 hour ago, MGH1989 said:

QB is the hardest position to play in sports and they used massive capital to get Bryce. I have no idea if he will be good and he is clearly trending away from that, but the team should and will exhaust every avenue with him because there simply isn’t another option. That’s the difference.

If he's not ready in practice, he's not ready for game day and it shows. It's so damn obvious he's in over his head and is not ready for this stage yet, if ever. This team needs to be about winning, not about proving that he's is an NFL QB.

PLAY. TO. WIN.

• Pie 1

We can stop complaining about Tepper because he’s not going anywhere. If it’s anything to go on he has been silent since hiring DC, so there’s a glimmer of hope. The issue is Bryce. This is what things would’ve looked like if we had traded our first rounder for Jimmy Clausen in the 2010 draft, then miss out on Cam in 2011 (not saying that Caleb Williams will be on Cam’s level). 

think back to how inept we were as a team with Clausen, and how invigorated the team was once we got a superstar in Cam. He had for the most part the same team Clausen had. 

until we can find a better QB we are stuck with Clausen level play. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

50 minutes ago, Manna said:

We can stop complaining about Tepper because he’s not going anywhere. If it’s anything to go on he has been silent since hiring DC, so there’s a glimmer of hope. The issue is Bryce. This is what things would’ve looked like if we had traded our first rounder for Jimmy Clausen in the 2010 draft, then miss out on Cam in 2011 (not saying that Caleb Williams will be on Cam’s level). 

think back to how inept we were as a team with Clausen, and how invigorated the team was once we got a superstar in Cam. He had for the most part the same team Clausen had. 

until we can find a better QB we are stuck with Clausen level play. 

You got me thinking about how nice a year free of Tepper's, would be. I could get used to that.

13 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I agree, I have no issues with Canales and think he shows promise as a coach. I'm not down on him at all for inheriting a situation to where they handed him a pair of new boots but sat them in 5 feet of dog poo and then said "swim with those boots on". Canales will be fine and would love to see what he could do with a QB that can ball

I’m willing to give Canales a a chance, what is concerning is that we got beat down on all aspects of the game. Special teams looked bad as did the offense and defense. The team seemed ill prepared and unmotivated. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If he's not ready in practice, he's not ready for game day and it shows. It's so damn obvious he's in over his head and is not ready for this stage yet, if ever. This team needs to be about winning, not about proving that he's is an NFL QB.

PLAY. TO. WIN.

10 hours ago, ncbob said:

I’m willing to give Canales a a chance, what is concerning is that we got beat down on all aspects of the game. Special teams looked bad as did the offense and defense. The team seemed ill prepared and unmotivated. 

I know what you mean. He deserves his chance and I think he will turn out okay but very concerning how piss poor we looked everywhere and ultimately it does have to fall on the coaches especially the head coach. If I see the team grow from there and get better week by week from a coaching aspect I will feel like it's going in the right direction but if we are at mid season and still looking this inept in all phases I am immediately going to be worried about our coaching choice. Until then I am going to support and believe at least our coach will improve weekly and immediately. He is no longer new to this now and has coached an NFL game so I want to see some growth like right now.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, ncbob said:

I am not caught up on the current makeup of the ST extras, so maybe this is off target but I was thinking that lots of the bottom of the roster waiver moves etc involved ST guys. 

So a bunch of new people without much time together, which shows up on the field.

On 9/9/2024 at 6:58 AM, Achilles said:

The truth is…it’s not even worth looking at individual performances.  The problem is completely systemic from the top down.  Tepper has taken a mediocre franchise with some short bursts of success and turned it into a laughing stock. I have never seen a more inept team!  The defense got torched early and often.  The offense was a joke from the first play to the last. 

The problem is Tepper.  He has run this organization into the ground.  So long as he remain that the top, the team will remain at the bottom.  Switch in any player in place of some of our worst and this team still loses to the Saints 10 times out of 10.  Even Tom Brady couldn’t do crap with this offense. 

The team is not mentally or physically prepared. The head coach is way out of his depth.  The undersized QB can’t see the field.  The defense is just poo. 

Carolina is the worst team in the league by a mile.  I’ve been a fan of this team for 30 years and the product they’re putting on the field now is by far the worst I’ve ever seen.  It’s literally like the players would be better off to just forfeit the rest of the season and go spend time with their families in good health. 

This is the worst NFL team I’ve ever laid eyes on.  And I watched EVERY game of the 1-15 season. 

Who even cares what individual players might have shown promise?  The first offensive play was as interception!  It was over before it even started. 

I know if you have been a fan for 30 years, then you must remember 1-15 under Sefeirt as you say. I'm not sure if this team is actually worse...

. time will tell.

Edited by 3838

On 9/9/2024 at 7:27 AM, Waldo said:

The D has to play better to allow the run game time to work. They should also abandon the idea they are not a run first team completely. That's not DC's bag but he had better adapt to it or go find another QB option that fits his style. He is also going to have to simplify the passing game to Young's real ability. That's going to take a lot off his table of options but that is what this is. Having to play with Young not under center and then be a run first team is a nightmare scenario. It honestly looks like abandoning Young and finding a PJ Walker type QB would be a vast improvement which is wild.

Imagine trading up to #1 for a guy that has average speed and agility at best and then have to become a run first team in a pass happy league.

Oh yea this guy also cant operate under center so you have to be a run heavy team from shotgun or pistol. 

Good times....

• Beer 2