• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best and worst Performances from Saints Game

Chad_Cota

Can’t agree with a lot of that. My biggest disagreement was about Canales. He schemed the WRs open all day and most importantly stayed aggressive before the half leading to our first points. That’s a big one for me, shows a completely different attitude than we’ve seen from the past 15+ years. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Can’t agree with a lot of that. My biggest disagreement was about Canales. He schemed the WRs open all day and most importantly stayed aggressive before the half leading to our first points. That’s a big one for me, shows a completely different attitude than we’ve seen from the past 15+ years. 

I agree, I have no issues with Canales and think he shows promise as a coach. I'm not down on him at all for inheriting a situation to where they handed him a pair of new boots but sat them in 5 feet of dog poo and then said "swim with those boots on". Canales will be fine and would love to see what he could do with a QB that can ball

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

The team building is frustrating. I think the D should improve but they showed up so poorly prepared that it's hard for me to expect much of it going forward. Watching a healthy Horn get burned after all the 'shutdown corner' talk was brutal from the little talent they have on the roster. I still think it's the people Tepper hires and not the 3-4 itself. Tepper does not hire well and his active manageing skills appear to be even worse. Morgan's hype was mostly past love, his roster is a mess and wasn't anchored in the reality of the situation. It took 1 game for the wheels to fall off that retool. DC is not prepared to be a HC, it's not close. He certainly isn't ready to be a HC that calls the game. He needs to let that go and focus on being a HC. It's another giant mess.

They need a massive rebuild where they leave the past in the past and find the change they have avoided since Tepper got here. No dragging the past into it or it will be more of the same.

I chirped on it all last season: our defense was nowhere near as good as people said. They pointed to some stats but didn't watch the games. Eviro being held onto was a head scratcher for me.

I still don't like the 3-4, but our opponents seem to.

And lastly, this team still shows no grit.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I chirped on it all last season: our defense was nowhere near as good as people said. They pointed to some stats but didn't watch the games. Eviro being held onto was a head scratcher for me.

I still don't like the 3-4, but our opponents seem to.

And lastly, this team still shows no grit.

I was screaming to let other teams take a shot at him when they blocked that. People here were ready for him to take over when DC craped the bed from not being ready. LoL

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Chad_Cota said:

Hard to find bright spots after the beat down we just endured: 

Best Performances-

• Legette- 4 catches, 35 yards
  • Thielen- 3 catches, 49 Yards
  • Mike Jackson- Played well, looked like our best CB all game. 

Worst Performances- 

• Bryce Young- No confidence, the stage looks to big for him. 
  • JC Horn- burned for 3 TDs, the first TD could have tackled Shaheed but pouted instead. (I hope we do not give this man Patrick Surtain money.) 
  • FS Fuller- If there was a saints TD, he was around the area. One of the worst saftey plays I have seen us role out. 
  • Mingo- 2 fumbles, is a liability on offense. 
  • Dionte Johnson- Underwhelming performance, had a few nice catches right before the half.  
  • The whole run game- 20 Rush attemps, 55 yards. Here is the breakdown- Miles- 5/22, Chubba 6/14, Boone 4/7.
  • $150mm Guards in the run game. No piles were pushed. 
  • Canales, no second half adjustements. Saints sacked Bryce 3 times in a row with the same Corner blitz. 

This team will have to be lead by Dave Canales moving forward. This might be the last season we see Bryce on the roster. I know it's early, but this team has to find it's identity: 

• Establish the run game first. 
  • Control the time of possesion. 
  • Focus on stopping the run. 

Our most succesful season recently was with Steve Wilks (6-6 record) and we prioritized these items. I don't care if we lose every game, I just want to see this team progress in the right direction this year. One thing that sticks out with this team is no identity. 

Since I worked yesterday and didn't get to see the game. Cam I wonder where was the revamp offensive line we spent 150 million dollars on. It looked no better than the OLine we had last year. We know one thing. Even if a blitz is coming straight at Young. He can't see it and is sure as heck too slow to avoid it.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The offensive line played well in pass blocking. 

The oline is supposed to open holes in the run game.  And they did fairly well in the early part of the game.  Thru the first 16-17 minutes, we averaged about 4.5 per carry.  But once we got down 20-0, the run game was abandoned.  

Exactly. The run game was actually a bright spot to me. Oline was getting push. To me their only option right now is go full on foxball. 

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, MGH1989 said:

Not sure how much we can take away from the run game when they got down so fast. So I wouldn’t say the backs or like had a bad performance in that respect.

I’ve been a Bryce supporter and I’m going to keep an open mind about it because he is going to play regardless so we will see if he can sink or swim this year. With that said, it’s getting late early for him. Just poor awareness yesterday, sporadic accuracy, etc. 

Mingo is just awful, shoot him to the moon.

If you can declare Mingo to be awful and worthy of ejection to outer space why is so hard to do the same for Bryce?  They were drafted at the same time.  What has Bryce done to deserve more leash or an open mind?

• Beer 3

8 hours ago, Newtcase said:

If you can declare Mingo to be awful and worthy of ejection to outer space why is so hard to do the same for Bryce?  They were drafted at the same time.  What has Bryce done to deserve more leash or an open mind?

QB is the hardest position to play in sports and they used massive capital to get Bryce. I have no idea if he will be good and he is clearly trending away from that, but the team should and will exhaust every avenue with him because there simply isn’t another option. That’s the difference.

Edited by MGH1989

12 hours ago, Waldo said:

He is also going to have to simplify the passing game to Young's real ability. That's going to take a lot off his table of options but that is what this is.

We already tried that last year, and it got the coach fired.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

There’s only one worst imo, Bryce. Looked like he was intentionally sabotaging the team. Everything else that went wrong trickled down from that. 

It did look like he bet against himself/panthers. 

• Beer 1