• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"These Guys Just Don't Care..."

Hogan

5 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Exactly 

If you ever played football you would understand that some players just don't care. Most take it seriously, but you can't convince me some of these players don't take their job seriously. Once they get paid some will just disappear.

Brown was nowhere to be found and he's supposed to be our best player. 

So you believe they came out yesterday in the first game of the season and didn't care?

2 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Allow me to retort. There appeared yesterday to be some players who did not care on the field like it or not unfortunately. The proof is in some of the individual players body language, lack of apparent fire, smiling after mistakes, giving up and refusing to chase down a WR who just beat them or even not seeming to care in their physical play and almost going through the motions just to get it done and over with sort of like when we were all young and took an ugly chick home from the bar. Once we were actually in "action" and realized how ugly she was, we just had to at that point go through the motions, knock them boots and get that lass on her ugly ass way out our door.

So, someone spends six weeks working out in 100 degree heat and they don't care? Got it.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I suspect the team sees bryce in practice and absolutely know its a lost cause from the jump

From reports out of camp he was the Ian Thomas of the qb group in practice. It appears it's the actual game he has difficulty with, just like Ian.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The score says they didn't care. At least be competitive bro.

Ok. Got it. Guys who have been the absolute best at what they do since they were 7 years old...just don't care. 

How about the front office hasn't had a clue in how to put a team together and the team sux. You think that might be a possibility?

And yes, I played all sports and some of my best friends are coaches at the highest level. They would tune someone out who said "players don't care." It's ludicrous. Yes, you have some who are just in it for the money. But the majority? No. 

2 minutes ago, Hogan said:

Ok. Got it. Guys who have been the absolute best at what they do since they were 7 years old...just don't care. 

How about the front office hasn't had a clue in how to put a team together and the team sux. You think that might be a possibility?

And yes, I played all sports and some of my best friends are coaches at the highest level. They would tune someone out who said "players don't care." It's ludicrous. Yes, you have some who are just in it for the money. But the majority? No. 

I mean, NFL players have been on record for years and years and years.....that a huge portion of the league are just check cashers.  Little else.  Many just granted a physical gift from god to be good at sports.  So they play sports part of the year to be some of the highest income earners in America.  

1 minute ago, Hogan said:

You say you played football, and you never had teammates who didn't care?

Bro I seen players get scared the moment they step on the field. I was watching a documentary with the Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o said his teammates were shook the moment Alabama came out of the tunnel. He openly admitted he knew his team had no shot.

Yes some players don't care. Not all, but some do that is fact. Some people are good enough to get paid. Some don't really care for the game they just care what the game brings them off the field.

Cmon bro it's like this in every sport. Some players care more than others. We have seen athletes admit they didn't really care much for a particular sport they just happened to be good at it and chose it for a career path.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

The team was either going through the motions or just wasn't prepared. It sure looked like both to me.

I still don't get how your really bad rookie QB who is now going into his 2nd or 3rd O....didn't need crazy work in the preseason.  They treated Bryce Young like he was an old Peyton Manning.   Everyone needed work.  Everyone was new.  First time HC, first time OC, OL playing by folks for the first time, young skill folks.  It's all so predictable.   

9 minutes ago, Hogan said:

Remember Robbie Anderson?

Antonio Brown?

Just a few players who didn't care. I'm sure there are many more on many rosters who we don't know their names.

8 minutes ago, Hogan said:

CJ Henderson openly admitted he didnt love football and it was just a job.  Just go to the Jags boards and search him up.  The stories about the coaches having to go to his house to get him so he'd come to practice are wild af.  

If you've ever been a part of any team...  Not just sports, but literally anything.  If the most important person on that team is completely incapable, it saps the entire team.  People have to believe they can succeed.  And if Bryce is playing QB, I don't think anyone believes that.  It's that simple.

Just now, CRA said:

I still don't get how your really bad rookie QB who is now going into his 2nd or 3rd O....didn't need crazy work in the preseason.  They treated Bryce Young like he was an old Peyton Manning.   Everyone needed work.  Everyone was new.  First time HC, first time OC, OL playing by folks for the first time, young skill folks.  It's all so predictable.   

Well he kept saying that they were getting the reps they need in camp. We also heard the defense was giving them fits. Where was that defense yesterday. I guess our offense made them look infinitely better than they actually were. But to your comments about playing time together, it wouldn't have made much difference in the end. Maybe they lose by 30 instead of 37, that's about all I've got.