• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"These Guys Just Don't Care..."

Hogan

6 hours ago, strato said:

I watched his postgame comments. Mumble mumble I suck and can’t keep hiding it is what it sounded like to me. He wanted to be elsewhere and I don’t blame him. 

Gonna be a tough one next week if it is the same type of showing. 

If only Gettleman were here to draft some really tall WRs….

"Yeah, its um, yeah, its on me, you know, its....I have to get better, you know, its uhhhh, yeah you know"

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

"Yeah, its um, yeah, its on me, you know, its....I have to get better, you know, its uhhhh, yeah you know"

I mean, what else is he supposed to say? He knows the same thing we all see - he ain't an NFL QB. I don't mean he's not a starter, I mean he's not an NFL roster caliber QB.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

6 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

He did more work trying to not lose out on the #1 draft spot than he has actually worked on being a good qb and leader. He also held out after the draft to get his whole $24M signing bonus out of the total $37M he's due. I still think his dad is a weird grifter as well and i've said that from the beginning

I'm out of pie but when I re-up I got you guys. Some great content here since last night.

But I couldn't agree more. Let's not forget his dad was on X lobbying for the team to take his choice of WR.

The level of entitlement is astounding. Clearly passed this on to Bryce who before last season looked like he had never faced any true adversity in his life.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yeah I didn't really convey that what I was saying was I see him understanding where things are, that his secret is out.

He has never failed before and is coming to terms with it, it is in his voice. Monotone, mumbling more than enunciating. 

Also, he is on the end of the bench because he leads like Custer. In Nam he might get fragged. He is neutered in that regard until HE changes it. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Cavscout said:

All companies have people that just show up for a paycheck. It's the ones with a fire and passion, that actually care about outcomes, that make a difference. Tepper got rid of all the players with a real passion for the game, he just wants choir boy employees that will show up to work, keep their mouth shut, and stick to the company platform. These players get paid to play, they don't get paid to care. Tepper doesn't want fire and passion, that's why he likes Bryce. That's why he got rid of Wilks. That's why he's a failure as an owner.

Bingo. Corporate mentality is a fuging cancer.

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, Hogan said:

These guys are working to put food on the table and a roof over the heads of their families and they "don't care."

I mean it's more gas in the lambo and a roof on their third home, but I take your point, they're working!

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

The level of entitlement is astounding. Clearly passed this on to Bryce who before last season looked like he had never faced any true adversity in his life.

Clear as day Bryce presents very entitled. Thats why he showed up to camp being the exact same player as last year. He’s not the problem, everyone else is the problem. 

need to make a change quick before it further impacts the development of mingo and XL. Heck peoples jobs are on the line and Bryce is negatively impacting their livelihoods. 

• Beer 2

It’s not like pro athletes are different from you and I. We all work with people with varying levels of care for their care. Hell do you love you job or is it just a means to an end?

I think if you make it this far you have a general competitiveness and care about the result. Moreover I think Dan is prioritizing that type of player, but not sure it’s as black and white as you want to make it. Some people do it solely for the money and some don’t. 

• Beer 1

I scrolled though our history and found that this was the SECOND biggest a$$ whopping in our 30 year history.  Only outdone by Seifert's last game in 2000, week 17. versus the Raiders losing 9-52. 

You can argue it's our worst though because the team gave up in 2000 and was ready to go home for the offseason.  This was game 1, a brand new year...zero excuse.

The numbers say second worst, I say WORST based off circumstances.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I scrolled though our history and found that this was the SECOND biggest a$$ whopping in our 30 year history.  Only outdone by Seifert's last game in 2000, week 17. versus the Raiders losing 9-52. 

You can argue it's our worst though because the team gave up in 2000 and was ready to go home for the offseason.  This was game 1, a brand new year...zero excuse.

The numbers say second worst, I say WORST based off circumstances.

You have to weigh in all the shitty trades and investments as well. 2000 I wasn't really watching but I don't think we'd had made any crazy trades or anything to sabotage our future