• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"These Guys Just Don't Care..."

Hogan

I felt the need to start a post with this. I have read it several times here today. ANYONE who writes that and means it immediately loses credibility. One guy wrote this and then four paragraphs of his opinion. Pal, you immediately lose credibility when you write "these guys just don't care."

Seriously?!?!?! These guys are working to put food on the table and a roof over the heads of their families and they "don't care." Working their butts off to have a job in the NFL and they "don't care?" I can 100% assure you they care way more than you ever will. 

Anyone who writes that cannot be be taken seriously.

Edited by Hogan
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 2

I watched his postgame comments. Mumble mumble I suck and can’t keep hiding it is what it sounded like to me. He wanted to be elsewhere and I don’t blame him. 

Gonna be a tough one next week if it is the same type of showing. 

If only Gettleman were here to draft some really tall WRs….

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 2

26 minutes ago, strato said:

I watched his postgame comments. Mumble mumble I suck and can’t keep hiding it is what it sounded like to me. He wanted to be elsewhere and I don’t blame him. 

He did more work trying to not lose out on the #1 draft spot than he has actually worked on being a good qb and leader. He also held out after the draft to get his whole $24M signing bonus out of the total $37M he's due. I still think his dad is a weird grifter as well and i've said that from the beginning

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Hogan said:

I felt the need to start a post with this. I have read it several times here today. ANYONE who writes that and means it immediately loses credibility. One guy wrote this and then four paragraphs of his opinion. Pal, you immediately lose credibility when you write "these guys just don't care."

Seriously?!?!?! These guys are working to put food on the table and a roof over the heads of their families and they "don't care." Working their butts off to have a job in the NFL and they "don't care?" I can 100% assure you they care way more than you ever will. 

Anyone who writes that cannot be be taken seriously.

Caring doesn’t matter to me at the pro level,   this isn’t high school

Performance does.  Execution does

Unfortunately the panthers have  none  of those things 

helping that situation along immensely is the fact they do not have a NFL Level QB.  It was true draft day.  It was true in 2023.  It is true in 2024.  He could not even be backup in this league.  

in the nfl, if a team doesn’t have a competent qb, it has absolutely nothing 

…and just a note as I said in another post, these players will start checking out pretty damned quick when Bryce starts impacting their incentives 

Who isn’t caring, rightfully so, are the fans of this putrid 7 year production of Tepper’s.

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 6
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

49 minutes ago, strato said:

I particularly liked his smiling after that first interception. 

If I were his coach he would not see the field for a very long time.  He has been coddled far too long   

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Caring doesn’t matter to me at the pro level,   this isn’t high school

Performance does.  Execution does

Unfortunately the panthers have  none  of those things 

helping that situation along immensely is the fact is they do not have a NFL Level QB.  It was true draft day.  It was true in 2023.  It is true in 2024.  He could not even be backup in this league.  

in the nfl, if a team doesn’t have a competent qb, it has absolutely nothing 

…and just a note as I said in another post, these players will start checking out pretty damned quick when Bryce starts impacting their incentives 

Who isn’t caring, rightfully so, are the fans of this putrid 7 year production of Tepper’s.

Tepper has to field a full coaching staff and team, eventually someone will succumb to the dollars he's required/willing to pay for their services at whatever role they need filled. That's our current culture

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Everyone on this team is a millionaire and never has to work again. fug you mean "working to put food on the table"

Exactly 

If you ever played football you would understand that some players just don't care. Most take it seriously, but you can't convince me some of these players don't take their job seriously. Once they get paid some will just disappear.

Brown was nowhere to be found and he's supposed to be our best player. 

All companies have people that just show up for a paycheck. It's the ones with a fire and passion, that actually care about outcomes, that make a difference. Tepper got rid of all the players with a real passion for the game, he just wants choir boy employees that will show up to work, keep their mouth shut, and stick to the company platform. These players get paid to play, they don't get paid to care. Tepper doesn't want fire and passion, that's why he likes Bryce. That's why he got rid of Wilks. That's why he's a failure as an owner.

• Pie 2

Allow me to retort. There appeared yesterday to be some players who did not care on the field like it or not unfortunately. The proof is in some of the individual players body language, lack of apparent fire, smiling after mistakes, giving up and refusing to chase down a WR who just beat them or even not seeming to care in their physical play and almost going through the motions just to get it done and over with sort of like when we were all young and took an ugly chick home from the bar. Once we were actually in "action" and realized how ugly she was, we just had to at that point go through the motions, knock them boots and get that lass on her ugly ass way out our door.

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Pie 2