• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Evero nuke his chance at being a head coach by returning to Carolina?

TheBigKat

What Luvu meant to the entire defense will be exposed all season. He was a straight DUDE. His energy and drive. Rarely was his first step in the wrong direction. Brown and YGM Jammed it up and he ran free. He was quick to diagnose a play and his physical ability was off the charts. This is akin to the loss of Reddick. 

• Pie 2

Evero was blocked from interviewing.  Some tried. Tepper said no.  

Which I disagree with.  If you are trying to build something out of the gutter we have been in....forcing coaches to stay and continue to be part of things probably isn't the best big picture philosophy 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

23 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

What Luvu meant to the entire defense will be exposed all season. He was a straight DUDE. His energy and drive. Rarely was his first step in the wrong direction. Brown and YGM Jammed it up and he ran free. He was quick to diagnose a play and his physical ability was off the charts. This is akin to the loss of Reddick. 

Luvu is a JAG and was on track to be a journeyman special teams player until we had to play him last year. He made some plays, but also struggled at times. Compare him with a TD, Witherspoon, Beason, Luke, or Morgan and you see what I am talking about. We are just used to having no talent lately and so we pine over guys like Luvu when we've seen way better. I will not discount his passion and energy, but he was a part of the meah defense from last year ala one of the best players on a bad team. I am happy he got paid. 

18 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I think everjo is getting a bad rep here. You gutted the defense and transferred all defensive assets to the offensive side of the ball to save Bryce a failing project. He is still him this can't be blamed on him.

The run D and red zone D were trash last year too

• Pie 1

People are really saying Evero is trash now because we are playing guys that wouldn't even make any other team's practice squad at probably 2/3 of our positions on defense... Our defense last year lacked talent also and he still made them look respectable, despite Bryce pretty much gifting the other team the ball on our side of the field the entire game.