• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everyone should have seen the disaster around Bryce coming

t96

9 minutes ago, bandu said:

I juat still cannot believe we did not at least draft a latter round Qb & make Bryce Young actually earn the starting job ?

I bitched about it all week after the draft. That's a really bad sign for me from Morgan. Rattler could probably beat Bryce out rn and I don't even like that dude lol. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I’m not sure why everyone is afraid to say it. It’s like they are being gas lit by everyone in the organization.  Bryce is terrible. I for one would like to see the best players play. Bryce will be selling insurance in 3 years. If we lose out, the number one pick doesn’t guarantee a good team. Look at us. Just play Dalton and compete.  

With the $$$ he has in the bank, he will never have to work again. Just play video games the rest of his life on Teppers dime.

11 minutes ago, bandu said:

I juat still cannot believe we did not at least draft a latter round Qb & make Bryce Young actually earn the starting job ?

Bryce was going to be the starter this season because they are desperately trying to salvage their investment, at least for a little while longer. I think they will be forced to move on after today. But they have nobody to move on with. So whatever happens next is anyone's guess. There's nothing really they can do until the draft gets here. Anyone they throw out there now is just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. We are still FUBAR.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, beo said:

Well at least we doubled down in the offseason by signing two guards (one of the least valuable positions on offense) to a total of 153 million dollars and also backloaded their contracts so that we'll still be taking the brunt of their salaries while in complete rebuild mode. This despite already having Corbett, who is now being forced to play out of position. Which puts even more stress on Bryce because he has to manage the protections instead of having it done for him since it's doubtful Corbett has a good grasp on them.

Couldn't believe they doubled down on what was so obviously a failed experiment in Bryce. Yet another wasted season that will have cap ramifications later on. As if being over the cap with the far and away worst roster in the league wasn't pathetic enough. I'm not even sure how you fix this mess now. It's evident that nobody wants to come here and by firing Reich you tethered yourself to Canales, a coaching candidate who had very little interest outside of us and Fitterer's right hand man for at least a couple of seasons lest Tepper be seen as even more impatient than he already was. This assuming the GM has any power at all. Signing the understudy of the worst GM in team history reeks of Tepper hiring a yesman to do his bidding.

It's just so fugged. It feels like we're so far away from respectability much less backing into the playoffs somehow.

Knowing what they had done to us, when the 2023 draft was over, was soul crushing. I knew it was a disastrous play and just hoped they couldn’t really be that stupid.  

They sold themselves into bondage to their decision by the size of the bet. They had to throw good money after bad to even just have any chance of it working. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Bryce was going to be the starter this season because they are desperately trying to salvage their investment, at least for a little while longer. I think they will be forced to move on after today. But they have nobody to move on with. So whatever happens next is anyone's guess. There's nothing really they can do until the draft gets here. Anyone they throw out there now is just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. We are still FUBAR.

Yeah, it was like when people burn the bridge behind them so they can’t go back. That is what the no competition was. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

11 hours ago, TD alt said:

I acknowledge that you could be right, but I still like his first four picks, but I think that it's worth saying that even if only two work out to become solid stars, then that's largely considered an acceptable draft.

I don't really like any of those picks other than Sanders. If we get two average or better starters in the group, it was a good draft. 

Otherwise.... woof.

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't really like any of those picks other than Sanders. If we get two average or better starters in the group, it was a good draft. 

Otherwise.... woof.

100% not sold on any of those guys except Sanders

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Otherwise.... woof.

I do think Brooks will be good honestly, but even if he is, it's literally at the least important position on O or D. We'll see on Legette but I'm not convinced he'll be better than any other WR we've had here that isn't named Smitty, Moose or DJ.

15 hours ago, CRA said:

Morgan didn’t inherit a train wreck….he was 2nd in command building it. 

the Morgan logic is just the same repeat error logic we always apply.  It’s what Fitterer didn’t get fired with Rhule.  Morgan shouldn’t be here. 

don’t forget, Jim Caldwell somehow got to help hire him.   The clowns currently in Carolina all went into the season with ONLY Bryce Young as the QB talent.  That tells you all you need to know 

ill never understand hiring morgan all things considered, fuging stupid