• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everyone should have seen the disaster around Bryce coming

t96

17 minutes ago, Manna said:

I don’t know how many more excuses people can come up with for Bryce, especially after today, but I’m always surprised. 

I don't think it's possible to come up with any more unless he just walks out and lights the world on fire for 500 yards and 5 TD's next week but we know that's not happening and we will probably see something similar to what we saw today. 

I’m not sure why everyone is afraid to say it. It’s like they are being gas lit by everyone in the organization.  Bryce is terrible. I for one would like to see the best players play. Bryce will be selling insurance in 3 years. If we lose out, the number one pick doesn’t guarantee a good team. Look at us. Just play Dalton and compete.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, some of us pretty much said all this and we're just dismissed as Bryce haters or negative Nancies or whatever.

I'd call some of it negative for sure but haters no. Criticism is good when needed but the doom and gloom of every single thing being awful no matter what without any wait and see what happens or hope at all was pretty negative from some. 

2 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I don't think it's possible to come up with any more unless he just walks out and lights the world on fire for 500 yards and 5 TD's next week but we know that's not happening and we will probably see something similar to what we saw today. 

Its only going to get worse for him, load the box and blitz the poo out of him once we stop running. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Its only going to get worse for him, load the box and blitz the poo out of him once we stop running. 

Yeah I fear we haven't seen the worst and it's yet to come. If someone has proven all last season and now beginning of this season that they cannot beat anyone with their arm and looks scared with pressure I guess they will be bringing it non stop to him until he proves he can beat them with his arm (don't think that's possible). The immediate future does not look bright for sure 

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's TBD but this offseason was less than stellar, IMO. The draft looked like a classic Fitterer draft.

I don't expect it will turn out much different than the past two offseasons. It would be a pleasant and welcome surprise if it did end up being successful.

I acknowledge that you could be right, but I still like his first four picks, but I think that it's worth saying that even if only two work out to become solid stars, then that's largely considered an acceptable draft.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Yeah I fear we haven't seen the worst and it's yet to come. If someone has proven all last season and now beginning of this season that they cannot beat anyone with their arm and looks scared with pressure I guess they will be bringing it non stop to him until he proves he can beat them with his arm (don't think that's possible). The immediate future does not look bright for sure 

There will still be some who blame this defensive strategy on WR's not getting open etc.. Lots of people don't realize defenses play every QB differently depending on their traits, or lack thereof. 

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, LegioX said:

Man when you swing and miss on a #1 pick, you really feel it as a franchise and fanbase. Unless we hit on a once in a generation talent next draft we will suck for atleast 5 year’s 

5 years if positive things start happening 

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Morgan didn’t inherit a train wreck….he was 2nd in command building it. 

the Morgan logic is just the same repeat error logic we always apply.  It’s what Fitterer didn’t get fired with Rhule.  Morgan shouldn’t be here. 

don’t forget, Jim Caldwell somehow got to help hire him.   The clowns currently in Carolina all went into the season with ONLY Bryce Young as the QB talent.  That tells you all you need to know 

I get it, but the buck doesn't stop with the second in command.

Morgan wasn't my first, second, third, fourth or fifth pick, but I still think that he deserves a little patience from fans. I mean, if he's fired then we may not see success in the 2020s. 

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

True. Actually the handful of rose colored glasses folks will either go silent now or completely deny they were in that camp.

Come on, man. Bryce belief pretty much went down the toilet somewhere between September and October last season.

15 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Pretty much where I’m at. Wanted to give him a shot to prove people wrong this year but after today I have no faith and am pretty confident it will be more of the same. I would love to be proven wrong but man, that was just beyond dreadful 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2