• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everyone should have seen the disaster around Bryce coming

t96

Yes, we all know Bryce isn't an NFL QB. Not only not a starter but not even a 3rd or 4th string practice squad caliber QB in the NFL. I truly believe he will be 100% out of the league by 2027, maybe sooner. That said, I completely get how some here deluded themselves into believe maybe a "guru" like Canales could help him turn it around. He was 1st overall pick so he must have something he can show, right? I get it. Now we're all in agreement with the reality that he's not an NFL QB.

Well, as bad as Bryce was, he is merely a symptom and not the root cause. We could've had Mahomes and we still lose this game to the mediocre Aints. ST was a mess, defense was even worse than Bryce was and our OL was demolished yet again, the list goes on. Wholly unprepared, nobody seemed to give a poo about it either. Bryce smiling after a pick on his first throw.

What has been extremely clear to me since January 22 was that the rest of the team around Bryce would be complete ass, and none of our offseason moves would turn out to be successes. You know why? We had Fitterer for 3 years, in what is arguably the worst run from a GM in NFL history (influenced by Tepper meddling, certainly, but still). The worst trade in league history for probably the biggest 1st overall QB bust ever (at least Jarmacus had some talent that in theory could've been put to good use with a better attitude, Bryce just has nothing), terrible contracts left and right, trading away elite players while passing up 2 1sts for Burns only to turn around and trade him anyways for less than a 1st, this list goes on too.

How in the fuging world could anyone in their right mind think that the Assistant GM for that entire tenure, Fitterer's right hand man, be deserving of being promoted to GM? Seriously. Dan Morgan was a great player here before concussions and seems like an ok dude, but what the actual fug. How do you keep anyone around from that absolute disaster of a front office? I just do not understand it, knew it was a mistake at the time and my blind homer fan optimism/hopium led me to try to ignore that reality for much of the offseason, but it was 100% clear to me from the moment Tepper hired him. This will not work with Morgan, will not work with the HC he/Tepper picked, and nothing will work until Tepper is gone because he fuging makes decisions like this.

Yeah, add to the list of rants here, but it needs to be said as Bryce is getting most of the blame when in reality it's all Tepper and his terrible decisions like hiring Morgan as GM. Canales gets a bit of a pass as he's in way over his head and it's not his fault our dumb asses gave him a HC job well before he was ready.

Edited by t96
  • Pie 8
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 4

I'm not necessarily sure that Morgan is the problem here. He inherited a train wreck, including a situation where we basically had to give Bryce another opportunity. I'm certainly not going to give up on our 2023 draft picks or our acquisitions in free agency. The mess left by Fitterer and Rhule just wasn't going to be an easy fix, and having a QB that misses all over the field isn't going to lead to any semblance of legit competition, and actually makes players look less effective.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, TD alt said:

I'm not necessarily sure that Morgan is the problem here. He inherited a train wreck, including a situation where we basically had to give Bryce another opportunity. I'm certainly not going to give up on our 2023 draft picks or our acquisitions in free agency. The mess left by Fitterer and Rhule just wasn't going to be an easy fix, and having a QB that misses all over the field isn't going to lead to any semblance of legit competition, and actually makes players look less effective.

It's TBD but this offseason was less than stellar, IMO. The draft looked like a classic Fitterer draft.

I don't expect it will turn out much different than the past two offseasons. It would be a pleasant and welcome surprise if it did end up being successful.

• Beer 2