• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have to give Canales a chance.

hepcat

56 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am telling you and I have said since day fuging 1, this youth pastor rah rah poo isnt going to work in the fuging nfl and dont give me that pete carroll poo either

We don't have the veteran leadership for it to work.  Those early 2010's Seattle teams were loaded with those types.

4 minutes ago, d-dave said:

We'll see.

We tried the hot college coach in Rhule.  We went for a steady handed vet.  Now we try the hot shot coordinator.

Either you can coach or you can't.  Tepper also needs to be patient here.  He gave Rhule a lot of time.  He canned Reich before the end of his first season.  If he goes off and fires another coach after a few games, no one will want to work for him except to get the bag.  That's not going to help you build a better team when you have to overpay (which we did for Canales) for coaches and fire them one after another.

It sucks for fans, but that's where we are right now.  We'll keep finding that rock bottom (week to week would be hilarious and sad) until we don't.

tell me again why tepper told Harbaugh to fug off?

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

tell me again why tepper told Harbaugh to fug off?

I'm not sure.  Sadly I'm not involved in the hiring of coaches for an NFL franchise, even as poorly run as the Panthers.

But if I were a betting man (which I'm not), I'd wager that Tepper didn't want to give Harbaugh the same control he gave Matt Rhule.

• Beer 1

Just now, d-dave said:

I'm not sure.  Sadly I'm not involved in the hiring of coaches for an NFL franchise, even as poorly run as the Panthers.

But if I were a betting man (which I'm not), I'd wager that Tepper didn't want to give Harbaugh the same control he gave Matt Rhule.

then tepper is a fool

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

then tepper is a fool

I see your avatar shares the opinion.  So far, Tepper has proven to be a pretty incompetent owner.  Being good at gambling with other people's money does not prepare you for owning a NFL team.

3 hours ago, Jmac said:

He will just look at his bank account and will feel better.

and good for him right

he worked his ass off all through his teen years and made it to alabama. he won a natty and a national player of the year. he clearly worked his ass off. no one should discount that. it's not his fault david tepper traded up for him and destroyed the team in the process.

you can say his coaching situation or team situation hasn't been ideal, but nothing is ideal, and I don't think from what we've seen over 17 games there's a situation where he could reliably be successful.

his life is all laid out in front of him and he's gonna spend it doing cocaine better than any of us can even dream of.

the appropriate people just need to make the right decisions and we all just need to move on.

3 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

Say what you will about tepper but the one thing he has shown is he’s willing to move on from people fairly quickly if they aren’t performing. He seems fairly reasonable in that aspect, if not overly aggressive. 

if there isn’t substantial improvement I don’t think he’ll have an issue drafting a qb 

Except Young, he should of never been the starter at all and now year 2 he's a fuggin captain? For fugs sake.

This year doesn't count, but the next 2 will once he gets his QB in place.  He doesn't show Tepper improvement/playoffs in year 3, he gone.

Also, I think Bryce gets 8 games to 'prove it', then they pull the plug.  

Edited by blackcat