• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things that shouldn’t be a surprise

CRA

54 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I disagree on the play calling the plays were there and Bryce just didn’t get it done.

Yeah Canales passed the first test. He should get a second year with whoever they draft 1st overall 

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

My father and I are already there. 

not going to a single game this year. 

sorry section 126

How many tickets you got? My wife and son are somehow Cowboy fans, I’d thought about tickets to that game. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Carolina is horrible and that should not be a surprise.  It was plain as day before kickoff 

1.  Bryce Young isn’t a NFL QB

2. Bryce doesn’t fit a Canales O.  Combining a bad QB and putting him in a O he doesn’t fit is the textbook recipe to stink 

3.  Canales shouldn’t be calling plays.  He needs to learn to be a HC.  He was a 1 year meh OC, this ain’t an Andy Reid scenario where a HC can take on that load.  He isn’t even good at that. 

4.  We don’t have a real OC.  A repeated pattern under Tepper.  None of his 3 new coaching eras have featured a real OC in year 1. 

5.  We didn’t play and rep this O in the preseason.  I series vs backups was always nonsense.  It’s a brand new O with parts that don’t fit.   It needed more work than any O in the NFL

6.  All our pass rush left 

it can always get worse.  That’s certainly what this season looks to prove 

What NFL offence does Bryce fit? Serious question.

18 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

What NFL offence does Bryce fit? Serious question.

That is the thing. I never got an answer, asking what tool did he have that was above NFL average… only something else. I don’t want to say no one, but I don’t remember getting a tool specific rebuttal. A bunch of ‘it’s good enough’? More that. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Carolina is horrible and that should not be a surprise.  It was plain as day before kickoff 

1.  Bryce Young isn’t a NFL QB

2. Bryce doesn’t fit a Canales O.  Combining a bad QB and putting him in a O he doesn’t fit is the textbook recipe to stink 

3.  Canales shouldn’t be calling plays.  He needs to learn to be a HC.  He was a 1 year meh OC, this ain’t an Andy Reid scenario where a HC can take on that load.  He isn’t even good at that. 

4.  We don’t have a real OC.  A repeated pattern under Tepper.  None of his 3 new coaching eras have featured a real OC in year 1. 

5.  We didn’t play and rep this O in the preseason.  I series vs backups was always nonsense.  It’s a brand new O with parts that don’t fit.   It needed more work than any O in the NFL

6.  All our pass rush left 

it can always get worse.  That’s certainly what this season looks to prove 

7. Sam Darnold played like a Pro Bowl QB with a competent NFL head coach

I said this at the time, and I’ll repeat it again, cutting Wilks and Darnold loose instead of doubling down on the success of that year was stupid. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, strato said:

That is the thing. I never got an answer, asking what tool did he have that was above NFL average… only something else. I don’t want to say no one, but I don’t remember getting a tool specific rebuttal. A bunch of ‘it’s good enough’? More that. 

Above NFL average?

My dude, what tool does he have that is even NFL average?

3 minutes ago, strato said:

Supposedly he has a brain and kind for the game but I have yet to see it last year and this year with some offensive line improvement even a little I still don't see it

20 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Above NFL average?

My dude, what tool does he have that is even NFL average?

You know darned well if I asked what was even average, what people would have to say. 
Trying to put a little sugar in with the bad tasting truth. 

22 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Supposedly he has a brain and kind for the game but I have yet to see it last year and this year with some offensive line improvement even a little I still don't see it

Yeah and that isn’t a physical trait. It is no good without the physical ability to take advantage of it. 
I bet his footwork went to hell today. 

31 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

7. Sam Darnold played like a Pro Bowl QB with a competent NFL head coach

I said this at the time, and I’ll repeat it again, cutting Wilks and Darnold loose instead of doubling down on the success of that year was stupid. 

It still bothers me to this day. Darnold made plays, he would sometimes sh** the bed and we weren’t going to the SB, but he passed the eye test of what an NFL qb looked like. He had leadership skills, and you could tell his teammates respected him. 

Look at those tapes of the Wilks locker rooms after a win. Team. Energy. Have we seen even one video since the Bryce era? 

Nobody respects Bryce, and it shows. 

2 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

It still bothers me to this day. Darnold made plays, he would sometimes sh** the bed and we weren’t going to the SB, but he passed the eye test of what an NFL qb looked like. He had leadership skills, and you could tell his teammates respected him. 

Look at those tapes of the Wilks locker rooms after a win. Team. Energy. Have we seen even one video since the Bryce era? 

Nobody respects Bryce, and it shows. 

It’s looking bleak right now but no one will talk about it. I’m not sure why the media can’t be honest about Young but he has been worse than Jimmy Clausen with more weapons. 

1 hour ago, strato said:

He was pitched as having field vision and playmaking ability that was far above average. The reality is that it's below average. 

So when you couple that with below average physical abilities then it quickly becomes obvious he is a below average QB.

• Beer 1