• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worse opening game ever in our history?

Grendel

This has to be the worst showing by this team in my memory and I've watched every game since inception. They couldn't do anything right. The offense is still bad and the defense could not stop NO until they put in backups. 

We have the 1st overall pick on lock right now and I don't see that changing. This team actually looks worse than last season and I didn't think that could be possible. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

The expectations were a lot higher for the 2009 team but this performance was worse.  It’s a push 

QB-wise, 5 turnovers is worse than 2. The 2009 game had promise and expectation of success. I look at 2 picks and a 47-10 loss and think, well, that's probably not the worst it'll be this season.

Off the top of my head the giants game in 2010, but we all kinda knew fox was just running out his contract and Richardson was coming off his pie chart press conference. 

Make or break for a multi first round pick qb, new coach…..yeah this is worse probably. 

Edited by electro's horse

28 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

The Delhomme 5 int game against Philly takes the cake. Followed the 4 int debacle against AZ in the playoffs. We were supposed to be good, that playoff meltdown was the abnormality. 

Instead it cemented our windows was nailed shut. 

That said this was embarrassing. Only 16 more weeks till Bryce Young can get the fug off this roster.

I think the Eagles had one of the all time fantasy def/st scores from that game lol 

I think performance wise it was a contender if not the flat out winner by a length.

But not the most painful. This is just more of what we saw in our final two games last year. 

I remember losing Smitty against I think the Packers and I think it was the first game and even MNF. That is my worst memory that comes to mind in a minute. 
(I must have blocked that 2009 Philly game from my memory).

Edited by strato

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

This was their worst performance, but 2009 was more disappointing.  That was a good team and Delhomme crippled us.  It was like a repeat performance from the NFC Divisional Round vs Cardinals.

And we just gave him a huge extension lol.  That was complete despair