• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You cannot start Bryce Young again. He is not an NFL player.

4 minutes ago, Jrock88 said:

If u had aaron Rodgers at qb... who's making a play for him on the panthers currently

Aaron Rodgers would make better decisions for one thing and be more accurate. Young can’t hit the ocean from the beach if he’s more than 10 yards away. Both of his interceptions today were so far off target. The first one was so bad that it wasn’t clear who he was throwing to. The second one he airmailed Thielen by 7 yards. No competent NFL QB would do those things after 17 starts. 

3 minutes ago, Jrock88 said:

Ya but wasn't that the one game chark showed up and made a play... we need someone to make a damn play.... no playmakers

We need a QB who can get the ball into the hands of our "playmakers"

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Sadly, I am forced to agree. I was as pro-Bryce before the draft as anyone and even was willing to give him a pass for last year, but today it's more clear than ever that he's simply not capable of playing the position at the NFL level. He's making mistakes you'd expect most high-level high school QBs to not make.

Start Dalton this year, trade Bryce to a team that thinks it can develop him. Then, come the offseason, it's on to the next one.

I was waiting til this season to see how things went and while I was not optimistic, I was still willing to reserve judgement.  I did not see any improvement or change in today’s play that says he is an NFL quarterback. I don’t see a plausible way for him to continue in the league.   He will get a couple more starts but I think this experiment is close to being over. 

37 minutes ago, Shocker said:

This was Bryce’s worst QBR game if I read that right.  Canalas did him no favors giving him 1 series in the preseason.  So, so stupid 

I mean there is the microscopic chance that Canales knew this is how he would perform in his offense and chose not to showcase it until the preseason chaos period was over. Like another poster said above, it looks like this experiment is nearing it's end. Probably not by design, but it there is a small chance it was meant to happen this way.

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

In all fairness nobody has 7 superbowls like Brady and thank you for welcoming me to life. I now feel as if I were just born again.

You are welcome... and for the record you look beautiful coming out of a rhino

Edited by Jrock88
Balls

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

This was Bryce’s worst QBR game if I read that right.  Canalas did him no favors giving him 1 series in the preseason.  So, so stupid 

More preseason starts would not have fixed this.

It just would have exposed it earlier.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Tbe said:

More preseason starts would not have fixed this.

It just would have exposed it earlier.

They never got the chance to go against starters in the preseason outside of joint practices. Just like the defense showed today, they can only compete against backups. What does that tell you about the state of this team?

1 hour ago, Jrock88 said:

Ya but wasn't that the one game chark showed up and made a play... we need someone to make a damn play.... no playmakers

Maybe that was the one game that Chark showed up because that was the one game we had a qb who could get the ball to him.  

People say we have no playmakers, but other than Mingo's fumble, when did any of our receivers actually have a chance to make a play and didn't make it.   Johnson was running free in the secondary and Bryce overthrew him by ten feet for what would have been a big play.  Can't be a playmaker when your qb is throwing balls that Mr Fantastic couldn't catch.