• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You cannot start Bryce Young again. He is not an NFL player.

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

There's really no saving this offense this season. None of the qb's on this team can win a game with this defense. None of the qb's are good enough to win a shootout. I bet this defense finishes last in the league in every category and quite likely will set a record for most points surrendered. It's going to take some miraculous turnaround in play a schemes to avoid being the worst we've ever had for sure.

The defense was overrated last year. I don't think they will be in the bottom, but I think they will be in the 20s somewhere. I think they just really got caught off guard and then were gassed because the offense kept giving them good field position and they couldn't catch their breath. Maybe Wonnum and  Dane Jackson can help in the rotation too. I have more confidence in them turning it around than the offense.

Just now, Jrock88 said:

We were more competitive with those guys... cmac alone won us games

Yeah, you're right. I was just referring to the pro's of letting Dalton play vs Bryce.

We could have players like that on this roster in some of our younger players but we'll never know it this year because we can get the ball to them. 

45 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

It's just not going to work. You could add 15 pounds of pure muscle to him and it wouldn't add an inch of height.

He can't see past his line, he can't see past the defenders, he doesn't run fast enough to be a scrambling threat. He's only iffy in accuracy when he can see.

In all honesty, from this point on he should be the best paid player on our practice squad. If someone wants to snag him away from us and teach him up, go for it. 

We've got to move on. 

Right

He can't get the ball out quick because he can't see. 

He runs out of the pocket to see, and gets sacked and everyone screams "protection sucks."

His accuracy sucks because he's running out of the pocket to see and can't set his feet.

2 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

The defense was overrated last year. I don't think they will be in the bottom, but I think they will be in the 20s somewhere. I think they just really got caught off guard and then were gassed because the offense kept giving them good field position and they couldn't catch their breath. Maybe Wonnum and  Dane Jackson can help in the rotation too. I have more confidence in them turning it around than the offense.

The defense had no excuse. They let NO score on 9 straight drives. If they hadn't put in the backups they would have scored on every drive. That's not due to short fields or being tired. That's because they sucked and couldn't stop the starting unit period.

28 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I bet he’ll be benched at halftime next week.

He’ll get one more start after that before Dalton takes over to give Bryce a break for a few games.

Reich tried to do that last year at Seattle when Bryce had that fake “injury”. Dalton throws for 300 yards and then we never see him again before Reich got fired in week whatever it was. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Reich tried to do that last year at Seattle when Bryce had that fake “injury”. Dalton throws for 300 yards and then we never see him again before Reich got fired in week whatever it was. 

Yeah and he did that in Reich's boring, stale, oatmeal-like offense.

8 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Ya but wasn't that the one game chark showed up and made a play... we need someone to make a damn play.... no playmakers

2 minutes ago, Jrock88 said:

Ya but wasn't that the one game chark showed up and made a play... we need someone to make a damn play.... no playmakers

Theres no one to get them the ball. Our talent isn’t great but it’s better than this. Young is Clausen level bad. 

1 minute ago, BIGH2001 said:

Theres no one to get them the ball. Our talent isn’t great but it’s better than this. Young is Clausen level bad. 

If u had aaron Rodgers at qb... who's making a play for him on the panthers currently