• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You cannot start Bryce Young again. He is not an NFL player.

15 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

It’s not about starting Dalton, it’s about benching an under-performing 23 year old that needs to sit and learn.  Jordan Love did it, as have many others.

I think he's performing as good as he can. Young is not good. He's not an NFL caliber QB

8 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Start Bryce:

Pros-Top 3 pick

Cons-No guarantee next QB will work out; No confidence front office gets pick right; destroy morale of current players; discourage players from wanting to resign; FA will not want to come to a team with another 2 win season unless you use a ton of cap room; don’t get to see what other guys can do/develop to with horrible QB play.

Start Dalton

Pros- Increase morale, see what young guys can do with average-ish QB play. Canales can demonstrate his system works to prevent another coaching/GM turnover; more FA likely to be open to signing; more likely to resign guys we want to come back.

Cons- Likely 10-15 pick; Dalton probably only has another 1-3 seasons in the tank. 

Morale is good yes. And where does morale come from? Inspiration . And where does inspiration come from? People you look up to. In this context star players like  Christian mccaffrey brian burns and dj moore... and letting go hassan reddick. The team has been badly mismanaged

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Jrock88 said:

Morale is good yes. And where does morale come from? Inspiration . And where does inspiration come from? People you look up to. In this context star players like  Christian mccaffrey brian burns and dj moore... and letting go hassan reddick. The team has been badly mismanaged

Almost every player that has under-performed with the Panthers has performed or over-performed elsewhere.

That tells you where the problem lies.

• Pie 1

It's just not going to work. You could add 15 pounds of pure muscle to him and it wouldn't add an inch of height.

He can't see past his line, he can't see past the defenders, he doesn't run fast enough to be a scrambling threat. He's only iffy in accuracy when he can see.

In all honesty, from this point on he should be the best paid player on our practice squad. If someone wants to snag him away from us and teach him up, go for it. 

We've got to move on. 

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I do not dispute that fact. But Dalton will not make a difference. The fact is this is a bad team with not enough talent or leadership to do nothing more than get embarrassed every Sunday until the season is over.

I saw a team that was getting pushed around and took it. They were running around like they had lead shoes on and didn't know what they were doing.  There's a lot of quit in this team. I saw a team still several years away from being competitive. 

I think where he may make a difference is with our receivers and TEs. We have Mingo and XL, DJ and Sanders. We need to see if we should pursue DJ in the offseason, and what we have in our other 3. BY isn't giving us that. If he wasn't a 1st he wouldn't be starting. Right now he and Plummer are the same caliber QB. So treat him like any other player, forget draft position, and put the team in the best position to succeed. If you aren't willing to do that, you might as well get prepared to be the worst team in the NFL until Tepper is gone from ownership. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I think where he may make a difference is with our receivers and TEs. We have Mingo and XL, DJ and Sanders. We need to see if we should pursue DJ in the offseason, and what we have in our other 3. BY isn't giving us that. If he wasn't a 1st he wouldn't be starting. Right now he and Plummer are the same caliber QB. So treat him like any other player, forget draft position, and put the team in the best position to succeed. If you aren't willing to do that, you might as well get prepared to be the worst team in the NFL until Tepper is gone from ownership. 

It will be interesting to see how long Canales continues to let Young be the starter. If I were a betting man I would wager that it will take a couple of more games like today before they are forced to make that decision. But a decision will be made to move on if it hasn't been already. 

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It will be interesting to see how long Canales continues to let Young be the starter. If I were a betting man I would wager that it will take a couple of more games like today before they are forced to make that decision. But a decision will be made to move on if it hasn't been already. 

I bet he’ll be benched at halftime next week.

He’ll get one more start after that before Dalton takes over to give Bryce a break for a few games.

• Beer 1

Just now, Tbe said:

He’ll get one more start after that before Dalton takes over to give Bryce a break for a few games.

If he plays like he did today I'd say there's a good chance of it happening.  But if the defense continues to play like a high-school squad it won't matter. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The silver lining here is that Canales isn't tied to Bryce. He's a coach who wants to win and have his team buy in. They won't do that if he keeps starting Bryce and he's tanking the offense.

• Pie 1

Just now, OneBadCat said:

The silver lining here is that Canales isn't tied to Bryce. He's a coach who wants to win and have his team buy in. They won't do that if he keeps starting Bryce and he's tanking the offense.

There's really no saving this offense this season. None of the qb's on this team can win a game with this defense. None of the qb's are good enough to win a shootout. I bet this defense finishes last in the league in every category and quite likely will set a record for most points surrendered. It's going to take some miraculous turnaround in play a schemes to avoid being the worst we've ever had for sure.

56 minutes ago, Jrock88 said:

What about being competitive in games, and being capable of winning them?

17 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Unfortunately, I don't think he gets benched for a couple more weeks. I think he starts next week and in Vegas and may or may not get benched during that game. Dalton's first game probably comes week 4 at home against the Bengals, just because I can see that being the storyline all week, him and his former team.