• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You cannot start Bryce Young again. He is not an NFL player.

3 minutes ago, SOJA said:

honestly sitting him may be worse for us in the long run. Dalton plays and we may actually win some games. 

Is now a bad time to remind you guys I wanted Stroud after his rose bowl game performance against Utah?

We have to get the stink of losing out of this franchise. If you want players to come here without paying ridiculous $$$, you have to have a good environment. This franchise and it's fanbase are toxic right now. 

Fans are right more than our GMs by a mile. NFL players aren't stupid. If we see it, you damn sure know they do. Bryce needs to be benched for the good of this team, winning be damned.

If he wasn't a 1 overall he'd be cut. AR was my pick, but only with the right coach, one not named Frank. Today, watching him launch a missile off balance was a thing of beauty. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, SOJA said:

honestly sitting him may be worse for us in the long run. Dalton plays and we may actually win some games. 

Is now a bad time to remind you guys I wanted Stroud after his rose bowl game performance against Utah?

Dude what's the point of tanking. I have no faith this franchise wouldn't fk up another #1 pick. I would just like to be competitive and maybe God forbid win a game. 

• Pie 2

57 minutes ago, Jrock88 said:

Too early to give up on him. He has no running game or receivers

You kill his confidence even more and that's probably it for him ... gotta let him play out the year

You actually don't have to let him play another down.  He's incapable of being an NFL quarterback, Ray Charles could see that.  fug his confidence, this isn't high school.

2 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Sadly, I am forced to agree. I was as pro-Bryce before the draft as anyone and even was willing to give him a pass for last year, but today it's more clear than ever that he's simply not capable of playing the position at the NFL level. He's making mistakes you'd expect most high-level high school QBs to not make.

Start Dalton this year, trade Bryce to a team that thinks it can develop him. Then, come the offseason, it's on to the next one.

Dalton showed way more for the Jets than Bryce here and we were the only suckers who would give up a 2nd for him. I'd be SHOCKED if we could get anything more than a 4th for Bryce, will most likely have to just cut him.

2 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

I can't believe someone thinks we could get anything for BY.

We can. Knowledge. 

If he goes somewhere else & still can't function we know he was simply a bad pick.

If he goes somewhere & starts picking defenses apart, we know the first position we need to fill is "Team Voodoo Woman" because we are cursed. We got a MOJO on our ass.

Have to get a pair of Tepper's draws & bury them in his yard so he can't come out the house.

Get a green fly & mash it up in his drink.

I'll be honest, I was going to go into that whole Richard Pryor "little foots" bit but I don't feel like plagiarizing anyone.

Yet laughter is needed so here, & of course it's NSFW. It's before he went to Africa so the n-word abounds along with a cuss tsunami.

Edited by 332nd

53 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

No one thinks Dalton is good but he can complete basic NFL throws, Young cannot. They owe it to the rest of the team to at least try something different.

I do not dispute that fact. But Dalton will not make a difference. The fact is this is a bad team with not enough talent or leadership to do nothing more than get embarrassed every Sunday until the season is over.

I saw a team that was getting pushed around and took it. They were running around like they had lead shoes on and didn't know what they were doing.  There's a lot of quit in this team. I saw a team still several years away from being competitive. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I do not dispute that fact. But Dalton will not make a difference. The fact is this is a bad team with not enough talent or leadership to do nothing more than get embarrassed every Sunday until the season is over.

I saw a team that was getting pushed around and took it. They were running around like they had lead shoes on and didn't know what they were doing.  There's a lot of quit in this team. I saw a team still several years away from being competitive. 

U get it... that was my only I guess you could say expectations of this team... if u can have any at this point. To not get bullied and pushed around like a high school team. And we failed on every front. Not just at quarterback 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

The dude is absolutely terrified. It's kind of sad to watch, I feel bad for the kid. This franchise squashed everything he ever knew about football.

The franchise didnt do it. I told people Bryce was not it before draft and now we see who he truly is. He was undersized and didnt have a great arm. Lacked strength but was good with the dink and dunk game. He was a average at best QB. Translate that to NFL he is a bench warmer. The only real QB in that draft was Stroud. Everybody else was freaks of nature but Stroud was the truest pocket passer in that draft.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

35 minutes ago, Huffgolf30 said:

Dude what's the point of tanking. I have no faith this franchise wouldn't fk up another #1 pick. I would just like to be competitive and maybe God forbid win a game. 

It’s not about starting Dalton, it’s about benching an under-performing 23 year old that needs to sit and learn.  Jordan Love did it, as have many others.

34 minutes ago, Jrock88 said:

How does starting dalton help us long term? He's low end starter high end backup. 

Start Bryce:

Pros-Top 3 pick

Cons-No guarantee next QB will work out; No confidence front office gets pick right; destroy morale of current players; discourage players from wanting to resign; FA will not want to come to a team with another 2 win season unless you use a ton of cap room; don’t get to see what other guys can do/develop to with horrible QB play.

Start Dalton

Pros- Increase morale, see what young guys can do with average-ish QB play. Canales can demonstrate his system works to prevent another coaching/GM turnover; more FA likely to be open to signing; more likely to resign guys we want to come back.

Cons- Likely 10-15 pick; Dalton probably only has another 1-3 seasons in the tank. 

Edited by ProcessBlue2
  • Pie 2

28 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Then we need to at least see that. Because if Dalton comes in and the same crap happens then fine. But the overwhelming perception is Bryce makes an already struggling team worse and the team is too stubborn to admit it because they mortgaged the farm to get him.

And to note, the most productive day we had on offense all season last year was when Andy started in Seattle. 

Edited by ProcessBlue2
  • Pie 2