• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You cannot start Bryce Young again. He is not an NFL player.

Just now, rayzor said:

You keep playing him regardless.

Leave no doubt.

If the fans think Dalton is going to change the teams fate for the season I'm afraid they will be disappointed. It was always going to be Bryce or bust this season. It's going to take an injury I'm afraid before there's a change at qb this season. If there is an in season change I say call the Plummer. He certainly cannot do any worse than Bryce and it would be more entertaining as we go win less this season. 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

If the fans think Dalton is going to change the teams fate for the season I'm afraid they will be disappointed. It was always going to be Bryce or bust this season. It's going to take an injury I'm afraid before there's a change at qb this season. If there is an in season change I say call the Plummer. He certainly cannot do any worse than Bryce and it would be more entertaining as we go win less this season. 

You can do the same thing with Dalton that we did with Darnold when Wilks was here. Use this "supposedly" improved OL and one of our 15 running backs and run the damn ball 25-30 times a game. Dalton can make the throws he needs to like Sam did (and probably better than Sam did).

Besides, Canales is supposed to be a Play Action guru. 

Too early to give up on him. He has no running game or receivers

1 minute ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Serious question:  What is the downside to benching Bryce Young?

Make him earn it back.

You kill his confidence even more and that's probably it for him ... gotta let him play out the year

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

1. You have to start Dalton at some point, hopefully soon. You run the risk of destroying the morale in the locker room. 

2. Benching Bryce and at least trying to put something together with Dalton this season will probably save Canales and Morgan's job and prevent yet another FO turnover. 

3. You will get to see what you have in your other players by giving them a functional QB and allow them to develop. 

4. No Free Agent is going to come anywhere near here after another 2-15 season, and good luck resigning anybody. 

5. You're going to lose what little is left of the fan base if you don't put somebody in who can at least make basic throws. Dalton would have at least sustained some drives to give the defense a break. Hell, I think Plummer would have looked better than Bryce since he doesn't have to crow hop to make the ball go 15 yards.

We were 2-15, morale isn’t an issue. Also, Canales is fine but do we really care about saving Morgan’s job? If the rookies don’t pan out, I wouldn’t care.

Maybe some of the eternal optimists thought we might get to .500, but this team isn’t a .500 team even with Dalton. Dalton hasn’t had a winning record since 2015, 2015. He’s 33-52-1 since 2015 and that’s with better teams.

FAs will come with $$$s, but we need multiple successful drafts giving us multiple above average starters before FAs matter.

We have the least talented roster in the league. We even have the least talented roster minus the QB position. We’ve got a long way to go.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Benching him would be dumb.

First, fans think Dalton is Tom Brady b/c he had a ton of yards throwing the ball 50 times in a loss. This team sucks. Dalton won’t magically change that.

The Panthers invested a lot in Bryce. They owe it to themselves to collect every data point they can to see if he is or isn’t the guy.

Bryce Young play on the field sucks the life out of this team. An interception on the very first play on the season opener. The NFL is too big and too fast for him. He is absolutely a bust. It’s over for him at the NFL level. We have to move from him asap.

• Pie 2