• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You cannot start Bryce Young again. He is not an NFL player.

1 minute ago, NCBlu said:

Anyone else see after his 1st pass/pick one of the guys walked right pass him as he was trying to give him five.

The other players on the team will not like having no hope of many wins..

Hell after this game Young would be sitting at the back of the plane on the ride home.

The only thing different between an nfl qb and some middle manager is the pay scale 

we’ve all been there 

6 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

This is the unappreciated truth that is lost on most fans. Bryce is costing those dudes, who by and large won’t have a long career in the nfl, their livelihood. They need to be able to show out for contract #2 that hopefully sets them up for life. Any offensive skill position player under Bryce is cooked. Hell, line guys are cooked. You think these bros are cool with getting curb stomped and a QB who can’t make an NFL throw? Where every play is over before it even starts?

This 100%.  If you don’t have the fanbase you likely don’t have the locker room either.

Just let Bryce be the backup for a few games and hopefully learn from Dalton.  What risk is there at this point?

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I agree that the defense looked awful today. However, it has to be hard going out there and giving your all knowing you have no chance of winning the game because your QB is possibly the worst in the NFL.

I think defensive  play would improve immediately if the offense could spot them some points and keep them off the field for more than 3-6 plays at a time.

The defense allowed the Saints to score on 8 straight drives. That's not on the offense. They did not force a punt until there was only 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the Saints backups were playing.  The defense is considerably worse than last season and it's not the offense lack of production that's causing them to be swamp ass. The offense is still ass and the qb position is just as bad. The team came out flat and got their asses kicked as they surely deserved. There is not going to be any improvements this year so get use to the suck for another season. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

However, it has to be hard going out there and giving your all knowing you have no chance of winning the game because your QB is possibly the worst in the NFL.

I don’t think there is much debate at this point.  There are 2nd and 3rd stringers way better than him.  Jacoby Brissett and Tyrod Taylor would have flat-out beat him out in training camp.  Nevermind a bunch of rookies we could have had.

Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold balling today on real teams.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

This is the unappreciated truth that is lost on most fans. Bryce is costing those dudes, who by and large won’t have a long career in the nfl, their livelihood. They need to be able to show out for contract #2 that hopefully sets them up for life. Any offensive skill position player under Bryce is cooked. Hell, line guys are cooked. You think these bros are cool with getting curb stomped and a QB who can’t make an NFL throw? Where every play is over before it even starts?

Who’s getting cost money? Young is awful, said that last year but acting like there is hidden talent that might be balling out elsewhere is laughable. Call me out when TMJ gets his 2nd contract after showing out.

TBH, there are a ton of guys on this roster who wouldn’t even be playing if it weren’t for us trading Burns, CMC, Moore and a few draft picks for Young. He's made guys like Sanders money because we dumped all our good guys and didn’t pick up starters from the 1sts and 2nds we wasted.

• Beer 1

I have Bryce a pass for last season since everything around him fell apart. Watching today with improved talent around him and he looks the same if not worse. I’ve been making excuses for him and the only one I have left is he had very little playing time in the preseason. 

We know Rivera, Reich & Canales can coach in the NFL enough to win division championships and get to the playoffs. They all went to the SB right? Obviously, not the best in the NFL.

This garbage is the front office being bottom of the NFL & meddling owner couple no where near competent in building a roster or evaluating players.

• Beer 2

Just now, electro's horse said:

Any offensive player playing for his next contrast. 

Which offensive player is Young costing money? Hunt, Corbett, Lewis and Moton all got stacks from us.

Which talented offensive player is Young costing? Just name one guy who would have gotten a bag if Young’s play wasn’t hiding his talent? Johnson and Thielen will get paid based on their body of work. Who else? Mingo and Tremble getting dragged down? TMJ going to the pro bowl?

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

The defense allowed the Saints to score on 8 straight drives. That's not on the offense. They did not force a punt until there was only 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the Saints backups were playing.  The defense is considerably worse than last season and it's not the offense lack of production that's causing them to be swamp ass. The offense is still ass and the qb position is just as bad. The team came out flat and got their asses kicked as they surely deserved. There is not going to be any improvements this year so get use to the suck for another season. 

I tend to enjoy your posts Jon so I see your point of view. But, our defense comes into each game with a severe disadvantage… B. Young behind center. The Saints had  13:00 advantage in time of possession. David Carr didn’t throw a pick on his first pass of the season. The Saints didn’t fumble while appearing to convert a crucial down early in the game. I think the defense was  demoralized by the end of the 1st quarter. When they saw that 17-0, everyone in that stadium and at home  watching that game knew Carolina had no chance of coming back.

I agree that defense is worse, but I want to see how they play in a game where there’s a possibility that the offense might just outscore the other team.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Who’s getting cost money? Young is awful, said that last year but acting like there is hidden talent that might be balling out elsewhere is laughable. Call me out when TMJ gets his 2nd contract after showing out.

TBH, there are a ton of guys on this roster who wouldn’t even be playing if it weren’t for us trading Burns, CMC, Moore and a few draft picks for Young. He's made guys like Sanders money because we dumped all our good guys and didn’t pick up starters from the 1sts and 2nds we wasted.

It is not possible to evaluate offensive talent with Bryce at qb. Deep threat WR will never be able to showcase his skills? TEs that own the middle of the field? RBs? If all opposing the defense has to do is play up close and run stunts knowing that 90% of the time it will work… it’s a wrap. What offensive play is going to go hard for that every play? 

Im not saying we have studs and these guys are playing for 20 mil contracts, but a 5 mil for 3 years for what looks like quality depth is a very real situation for some of these dudes that may not happen with Bryce under center. Plays are over before they even start. 

• Pie 1