• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You cannot start Bryce Young again. He is not an NFL player.

25 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Sadly, I am forced to agree. I was as pro-Bryce before the draft as anyone and even was willing to give him a pass for last year, but today it's more clear than ever that he's simply not capable of playing the position at the NFL level. He's making mistakes you'd expect most high-level high school QBs to not make.

Start Dalton this year, trade Bryce to a team that thinks it can develop him. Then, come the offseason, it's on to the next one.

Yea unfortunately I'm in the same boat. There's no more excuses after last year. I think he gets a few more games before the rug is pulled out from under him. You have to wonder just how much Canales is tied to Bryce. I'm sure he was hired to "fix" him or at least make him serviceable. I wonder if Canales even has the freedom to bench him. I have a feeling Tepper is still meddling behind the scenes

He shouldn’t start again but will.  This team is incapable of making sound decisions.  It’s all about saving face and gaslighting.  Pretending all the while like we aren’t the absolute worst team in the league by a got damned country mile.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The problem is Dalton's not going to win you any games (and whichever QB next year who won't refuse to play here won't either) because there are so many holes throughout the roster. I'd take losing 37-21 over 47-10, sure, but I'd prefer to win and we're not going to see any wins until 2026 at the earliest.

2 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

You ride him the whole year. That's what this whole year is about. He sucks we get a top pick. Dalton provides nothing.

Then play plummer then, you develop a backup and suck enough to still get a new qb. 

I said this in the offseason.

THERE IS NO WAY EVERYONE IS GONNA COLLECTIVELY SIT THREW ANOTHER SEASON OF BRYCE. 

It's just not gonna happen. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Yea unfortunately I'm in the same boat. There's no more excuses after last year. I think he gets a few more games before the rug is pulled out from under him. You have to wonder just how much Canales is tied to Bryce. I'm sure he was hired to "fix" him or at least make him serviceable. I wonder if Canales even has the freedom to bench him. I have a feeling Tepper is still meddling behind the scenes

I respect Canales for giving individual players a chance today. He put Mingo and Young in positions to make plays and they turned the ball over more often than they made plays. He's got little to work with and I'm not pinning this on the coach. Young's going to have his phantom injury around Week 9 or Week 10. Until then, just deal with this. It's not going to be anything but 0-17 regardless of who's taking snaps. Look at that defense...

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

You can't trot him out there for the next 16 weeks! It’s not fair to the fans or the players and coaches who are playing for their livelihood.

The idea of starting him for the rest of the season to “get the #1 draft” is ridiculous. That’s the ultimate example of a loser mentality. No team should start tanking the 2nd week of the NFL season.  

Getting the #1 pick in the draft guarantees you NOTHING…especially if the front office keeps drafting the wrong players. Last I checked we had a #1 pick behind center and we all see what that got us.  You play to win the game. 

Fan’s shouldn’t be forced to pay to watch an NFL offense play this poorly in an offense-driven league. If Dalton isn’t starting by the end of the month the people in Charlotte should start boycotting the games. If leads to local blackouts, SO WHAT?! The Panthers aren’t worth watching anyone with BY behind center.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

He shouldn’t start again but will.  This team is incapable of making sound decisions.  It’s all about saving face and gaslighting.  Pretending all the while like we aren’t the absolute worst team in the league by a got damned country mile.

See, I don't get that. They fired our last HC after one season. No one is safe. If they care about job security, they need to bench Young.