• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce dropback and footwork

2 minutes ago, MRenshaw said:

He was never considered an elite pocket passer. Never. I don't know where or how you got that ridiculous idea from. Bryce was touted as a football supercomputer and an exciting out-of-pocket improviser who possessed superior arm elasticity and excelled at making off-the-platform throws. 

Oh man I forgot about the talk of his arm "elasticity" hahaha. That was a key point to shout down any talk of perceived lack of arm strength compared to Stroud AR or Levis. Shows how truly desperate the talking heads were who were only worried about saying nice things about Alabama.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh man I forgot about the talk of his arm "elasticity" hahaha. That was a key point to shout down any talk of perceived lack of arm strength compared to Stroud AR or Levis. Shows how truly desperate the talking heads were who were only worried about saying nice things about Alabama.

Yep, plenty of smoke being blown up Alabama's ass. The tongue bathing from the pundits was embarrassing.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Joe Bear said:

You're delusional if you think a coach in his first game is going to say "well Bryce sucks, he cost us the game himself, he's 5-foot-2 and he throws like a girl." That's never going to happen. There's a level of respect in the NFL coaching ranks, and really at any level in sports, where coaches aren't going to give fans the pound of flesh they demand after one horrible game. It's unrealistic.

And to be fair, outside of saying his footwork was good, Canales was pretty critical of Bryce.  Talked about the throws he kept missing.  

At Alabama most of what he did was run around and Chuck it up to receivers who where better than the opposing defenders by a good amount. He may have been calm and made big dramatic plays under pressure but he always made it look dramatic and not doing the things to make suble moves in the pocket like the good qbs. Now all he does is bail when there is no need.

He makes his OL look worse because he just wants to run around 

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, csx said:

At Alabama most of what he did was run around and Chuck it up to receivers who where better than the opposing defenders by a good amount. He may have been calm and made big dramatic plays under pressure but he always made it look dramatic and not doing the things to make suble moves in the pocket like the good qbs. Now all he does is bail when there is no need.

He makes his OL look worse because he just wants to run around 

Basically a shorter Johnny Manziel without the arm talent but who takes the effort to memorize the playbook. 

18 minutes ago, MRenshaw said:

Basically a shorter Johnny Manziel without the arm talent but who takes the effort to memorize the playbook. 

I wouldn’t even say the second part based on yesterday. 

i mean presumably knowing protections is part of knowing the playbook. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mage said:

And to be fair, outside of saying his footwork was good, Canales was pretty critical of Bryce.  Talked about the throws he kept missing.  

Yeah I mean, he handled it the way a coach should handle it, not the way angry message-board fans want it handled. No one here is involved in the inner workings of this team and any guesses as to what's said behind closed doors are just that: guesses attempted to be passed off as fact, i.e. confirmation bias. People don't need to a coach's press conference to be told the QB and the defense are historically bad.