• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce dropback and footwork

15 hours ago, Shocker said:

Today I saw a guy that didn’t read the defense, didn’t identify hot reads on the blitz and missed wide open WRs badly.  It’s his worse game in what was supposed to be his breakout season.  He was that bad

You're just seeing this now? How? Did you not watch his first 16 games?

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, frankw said:

Coach speak or not. The coddling is insane. At what point does this org and staff stop shitting on their own fanbase and acknowledge reality?

yeah, to me, this isn't rah rah cheerleading coaching.  The really good versions of that don't handle people with kids gloves at the end of the day.  

to me, Dabo (college level) and Pete (NFL level ) are the king cheerleader types.  But they will unload on people and speak truths in the moment. 

• Beer 1

You're delusional if you think a coach in his first game is going to say "well Bryce sucks, he cost us the game himself, he's 5-foot-2 and he throws like a girl." That's never going to happen. There's a level of respect in the NFL coaching ranks, and really at any level in sports, where coaches aren't going to give fans the pound of flesh they demand after one horrible game. It's unrealistic.

46 minutes ago, strato said:

I put this in another thread, should have gone here probably.

What a joke of a channel. I totally agree with these twos comment on the video:

"Stop making excuses for Bryce. He didn't take shots downfield because his receivers couldn't separate or the scheme was poor, but because Bryce simply doesn't have the arm strength or talent for throws beyond 20 yards. How do I know that, you ask? Because during his best statistical year at Alabama, Bryce completed only 36.1% of passes longer than 20 yards. That is absolutely atrocious. For comparison, his two predecessors at QB, Tua and Jones, completed 57.1% and 58%, respectively. If Bryce couldn't complete deep passes at Alabama, which enjoys a significant talent advantage over almost every opponent, then he certainly ain't gonna start doing it in the NFL."

"Did you see how Bryce failed to pick up simple blitzes three times in the game? I ask because you never mentioned it in your video. How did you miss something so blindingly obvious? Is it because you were trying to gaslight us or because your understanding of football is at middle school level? If latter is the case, please close your channel and stop embarrassing yourself any further."

23 hours ago, Jrock88 said:

There was. Coming out of Bama he was considered an elite pocket passer with accuracy and touch that the great ones have

I'll never forget someone here posted advanced stats of all the QB draft candidates in that draft and one of the stats was completion percentage to sideline throws, and Bryce wasn't just the worst, he was by far the worst.  I remembered seeing it and thinking "there's no possible way any FO analyzes these numbers and thinks he's worth taking a flyer on until at least the 4th or 5th round...  lo and behold, our FO threw that poo out the window and decided he was worth the #1 pick.

I was out on him from the college season before his last...  it just became clear to me he was the beneficiary of superior talent and nothing special himself.  And again, it still boggles my mind that just off that Stat alone, FOs still had him in consideration for the first round, because paired with the eye test, his lack of arm, his lack of above average athleticism, and then decision to not even throw at the combine - how tf could you look at AR, Stroud, Levis, or even a Hendon Hooker and think Bryce was gonna project better than any of them?

• Pie 1

On 9/8/2024 at 4:33 PM, Jrock88 said:

There was. Coming out of Bama he was considered an elite pocket passer with accuracy and touch that the great ones have

He was never considered an elite pocket passer. Never. I don't know where or how you got that ridiculous idea from. Bryce was touted as a football supercomputer and an exciting out-of-pocket improviser who possessed superior arm elasticity and excelled at making off-the-platform throws. 

• Pie 1