• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce dropback and footwork

4 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Yeah drop back, set, weight distribution, it's just street ball for the kid.  No discipline, it removes any decent velocity from the ball when you don't get those fundamentals right.

The same way he played at Bama 90% of the time

He still plays like he’s playing in college. He dropsback and sits there for 4 seconds or so and just wait for someone to get wide open 

No OL in the world is giving him the time he had in college and Young isn’t capable of adapting whatsoever because he lacks the tools to do so

• Pie 2

When I saw 3 blitzers lined up uncovered at the line of scrimmage, beyond Panthers LT, I saw Bryce looking directly at them and then hiking the ball.  Bryce was sacked about a second later and at that instance I knew he’s a bust.  My 9 year old said “dad, they are blitzing and there’s no one there to pick them up”.

Edited by Lame Duck
  • Pie 6
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Jrock88 said:

Seems to work for other nfl teams. 

Look at hurts.. he's not accurate but yet he somehow has wide open receivers.. that's scheming that's personnel that's playcalling

Don’t you dare compare Bryce to Hurts. Hurts throws darts. 

9 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

When I saw 3 blitzers lined up uncovered at the line of scrimmage, beyond Panthers LT, I saw Bryce looking directly at them and then hiking the ball.  Bryce was sacked about a second later and at that instance I knew he’s a bust.  My 9 year old said “dad, they are blitzing and there’s no one there to pick them up”.

I didn't see him communicate with the line or rb's at all on the majority of snaps I watched. 

• Pie 1

There was a point the 2nd half where Bryce dropped back to pass and was so slow and methodical in doing so I honestly thought the refs had blown the play dead for a penalty

his mechanics are a mess it almost seems like he doesn’t trusts what he sees he hesitates and by then the original play design is ruined  

I will pull for any player that wears the Panthers uniform but Bryce doesn’t look like an NFL QB he seems to be missing that confidence in himself 

• Pie 2

I said this in the other thread but it fits more appropriately here. 

He can't see over his line (FYI one of his guards is 6'6").

So waits until he can see and gets sacked.. OR runs out of the pocket

When he runs out of the pocket, he gets sacked because he only has half the field available

Or he throws a duck because he's running and can't set his feet properly.

Edited by ProcessBlue2
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, MitchConner said:

His face tells me he has given up.  There is no fire, no motivating his teammates.  Shame he will be a bust.

Sideline behavior says a lot. On some teams I see the quarterback on the sidelines encouraging other players. The Panthers sideline has other players trying to encourage Bryce.