• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce dropback and footwork

35 minutes ago, TarHeel69 said:

I don't think he looks terrified at all.  He looks like he has no passion or care whatsoever. 

I think this is a facade to hide what he’s feeling inside his head - panic. I do think QBs can be ruined l, at this point he’s irredeemable 

• Pie 2

31 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

NFL analyst officially labeled Young a bust.  They said his biggest issue is he can’t read defenses.  He’s clueless of what’s going on around him.

Looks like he needed as much preseason as he could get to evaluate then. I don't know what I just saw out there play QB today but that is not an NFL QB.

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Jrock88 said:

Im not defending Bryce because he's looked bad.. but when is the last time you saw good quarterback play on the panthers? 2017 cam if my memory serves...when funchess lost it in the lights

Kyle Allen and Sam Darnold both showed flashes and they are terrible.

Well let's see. We've already used as scapegoats Frank Reich Josh McCown Thomas Brown the offensive line the wide receivers the playcalling the scheme. Yet somehow we are even worse than last season so far.

No moving parts on the roster within the offense or on staff can change the QB having absolutely zero dynamic ability phsyically or even mentally as a leader of any kind.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

39 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

NFL analyst officially labeled Young a bust.  They said his biggest issue is he can’t read defenses.  He’s clueless of what’s going on around him.

Someone said that? I thought THAT is what made him elite coming out of college. Anyone with eyes knew in the Spring of 2023 that it WASN'T his arm.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jrock88 said:

There was. Coming out of Bama he was considered an elite pocket passer with accuracy and touch that the great ones have

He was considered an out of pocket creator, was never a pocket passer. 

Is it just that the NFL game is too big and too fast for him? Seems like it to me after last year and this season working on the line to better protect him but seeing him miss guys by 10 feet. Did he lose whatever touch he supposedly had in college or does that touch he had in college just not translate to the NFL when every player he now faces was a college standout? He seemed decent when he QB'd a top college team in the country that was loaded with talent throughout but whatever he had then sure seems like it's mom existent in the NFL

1 hour ago, Lame Duck said:

We were sold he is a super computer at reading defenses…I knew that was BS after the first few games last year but how did those responsible for analyzing his skills f’up so bad. His brain was his only selling pint but it’s mush 

Edited by Wanderlai